Hypothetical legal question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Schweisshund, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

How much trouble would someone get into for applying for this position only to sabotage the organization from within?

Asking for a friend

DNC GA.png

2. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

If your friend did make it throufh the interview phases and got hired, what repercussions besides being fired would there be? Of course, depending on how deep into the Democratic party this job gets, your friend could end up having an unexpected suicide.

AtlPhilip likes this.

3. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

He could fall on a knife 9 times or shot himself in the head twice

4. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

During a 'robbbery' where nothing is stolen?

AtlPhilip likes this.
  5. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Speaking of the latter, I once worked for a builder. He was found with a suicide note, with 3 shots to the head. Imagine if that had been real: BANG..."damn, I'm still alive"...BANG..."damn, I'm still alive"...BANG..."ahhhhhhh". And his wife was arrested soon thereafter. Moral of the story - don't screw around on your wife.

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Why do you think Comey wrote the exoneration of Shrillary? When reviewing her emails he found a draft of his own suicide note. Just sayin'.......

7. Schweisshund

How is Bill still alive?

8. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Schweisshund likes this.
  9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

8EC65C0B-BAB4-4BB6-A946-EA2FA7FFE9F8.png You want to send a constitutional conservative to spy on, and sabotage, the Democrat party by tricking them into hiring you as an employee?

Schweisshund likes this.
  10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

A serious answer is this: an employee has the duty of loyalty to his employer. The employee also has a lifelong duty to maintain a former employer’s secrets and confidences.
    The breach of that duty through negligence will support a civil action for damages. But in intentional and malicious breach of that duty (like you’re describing) would support huge punitive damages.

I don’t think the judgment could be discharged in bankruptcy either. It would be fundamentally unfair to allow such an intentional tortfeasor walk away from the court-ordered damage award.

Schweisshund likes this.
  11. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

The employer would have to show damages. How can a political party show damage? We did not win that election so we need all our money back? Is the democrat party a non profit? If so can they claim profit loss?
    The only loss I could see would be salary.

Schweisshund likes this.
  12. Schweisshund

uh .. no ... no ... a "friend" .. not me. Yeah that's the ticket.

13. Schweisshund

I remember when the DNC tried to do the same thing to the Tea Party.

AtlPhilip likes this.
  14. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Does that "loyalty" include silence and non-cooperation when you clearly have evidence of a Federal Felony? Methinks not.

Schweisshund likes this.