Hurrican Harvey

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfKg0LEDbF0[/ame]

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

What The FRELL did they do to that poor woman, stick a gun in her face and tell her you WILL be interviewed?? :screwy: Frackin' looney toons.

3. zetor

zetor Gaston beat up John

I don't know what she could be upset about. The reporter seemed like a nice lady speaking in a concerned tone. She could have held it together for a few seconds and let the poor lady reporter do her job. Inconsiderate

4. Mrs_Esterhouse

Given CNN's track record, I have a feeling the reporter had been asking inappropriate and prying questions off-camera to her and other flood victims.

5. zetor

NOOOOOO!:rotfl:

6. zetor

Who is wrong.......CNN or Some Black Woman not behaving as a "lady"
    Explains the few replies

7. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

8. Taurus92

9. Mrs_Esterhouse

Like in ovens I suppose--what a Nazi!

10. Taurus92

I attached the link to the first image from "Charitable Humans." I'll put the link to the article here in case that was missed.

11. Taurus92

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-storm-harvey-houston-idUSKCN1BA1KJ

12. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I think the "lady" just wanted an excuse to drop an F-bomb on a nationwide network. She seemed all too willing to get her story out, and when she tired of it she could have just excused herself or said "I'm done", but that would have been a classy way to end the interview.

Perhaps it was that "White Hispanic" privilege thing on the part of the reporter that triggered her? Looks like CNN's identity politics propaganda has backfired on it. :lol:

13. Taurus92

I guess they need to stick to trailer parks and tornadoes where they're safe. Well they used to be safe there.

I can't find it now, but there was a tweet or something about CNN getting booed in Texas.

14. Mrs_Esterhouse

Following Harvey, I bet some of you think this is just awful. You might even think it's something called 'price gouging'.

[​IMG]

15. Mrs_Esterhouse

How can people in those yellow states sleep at night knowing their neighbors are free to price gouge them if a disaster hits their town?

[​IMG]

16. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

Here is a question I've been pondering for any of you folks who are first responders or do planning for these types of disasters. I've heard a lot of talk about why Houston was not evacuated because of it being logistically impossible to evacuate 8 million people, but here we are after the fact rescuing hundreds or thousands of people. Would it not have made more sense to "rescue" these folks who due to their proximity to low lying areas/water we knew were going to need rescuing before the event rather than trying to do it from their rooftops after the event? Seems like pro-active vs. reactive would be a better approach. Why wait until they are in a life or death situation before acting?

...and a picture with a smart ass comment - Do these folks not realize those nails are going to cause the roof to leak.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  17. Taurus92

I don't think they are worried about water damage from a leaky roof at this point.