Humor me, Hillary as President

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Corbomite, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Corbomite

Corbomite New Member

I guess this could stand for other Dems as well but I'm guessing Hillary would be the worst.

I have been thinking of putting together an AR or maybe picking up an AK. In your opinion, is this something I need to do before the '08 election? Same thing holds true for ammo of said weapons I suppose.

2. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Can't hurt. If she did win and you waited until after she took office in 1/2009 and all of a sudden we had AWB II being pushed through congress you would wind up paying a boatload of money. The same really goes for all the dems.

In the end it's
    Better to have it and not need it....

3. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Yup, working on getting an AK or AR together myself...

If all else fails, I'll fall back on the SKS (it is evil enough right? :twisted: )

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I've got the AK and AR covered. Ammo, not so much. I've got a decent supply, but I'll just buy a little at a time when I can.

5. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

IMHO, if you don't have one of these then you should get one. Regardless of who wins what. Everyone should have an evil "assault weapon" of their choice. Just wish mine were full auto. :(

Maybe we will manage to get Fred in office & he will get new makes legal for us and they won't cost but a $500 - $1000 for a few years. Till the next dem takes office.

6. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

Well I've been buying AR lower receivers and AK parts kits & receivers as I can. If you look around you can find them for $100-$150 each. The reciever is the part that'll be banned so get em while they're cheap and you can get them.

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'm buying all I can but I'm trying to spend most of my time staying active and letting all my reps know about...oh... on a bi-weekly basis, exactly how I feel about firearms.

AWBII doesn't have to happen. We all saw what happened to the shamnesty bill and even the GOP expected that thing to sail through. Gun rights advocates are a vocal group... they should know better than to piss us off.

8. oldguns

oldguns New Member

Don't forget to stock up on evil high cap magazines for the evil assault rifle (or hangun) that you have or plan to get. Remember when you could only get 10 rounders and the pre-ban magazine prices went through the roof?

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The old AWB did not ban recievers.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I believe CoolHand is correct. Receivers are the only part you must go through an FFL. The rest are just considered parts, correct?

11. Corbomite

Corbomite New Member

Thanks for all the replies. I'm leaning AR right now so I'll start piecing it together after the first of the year.

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Good deal. Gonna build your own?

13. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I'm building at least one AR (maybe two) and probably buying another AK, as well as another Mosin or two (gonna sporterize one) before July '08.

Gotta get it while the gettin's good.

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I may get a Mosin. My C&R is on the way out to 10 places tomorrow.

15. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Just a little info for folks to consider. For about 2 months us dealers had a hard time getting receivers from the manufactures. Most of the orders were on a 4 to 6 week back order and we could onlr get partial shipments.

Ptsmith is correct, just the lower receiver has to be picked from an FFL, everything else can be shipped to your door, just like anything else that is mail ordered.

Even thru the shortages last spring some of us dealers didn't jack our prices up. We sold our stock pretty quick but now we have earned some good customers.

Go ahead and pick up a couple now and just put them away till you can build up one the way you would like. Like I try to tell customers who and new to the black rifle, find some folks who have AR's, go to the range with them. If you are willing to spring for ammo most guys will let you test drive them. If you get a chance attend one of the AR15.com group shoots and you will get a chance to see a whole $hit pile of different variations. If your local to the N Atl area give me a call and I'll show you around the EBR.

Chris

16. Corbomite

Corbomite New Member

That's the plan for now. A buddy of mine just built one and says he may build another. I keep trying to get him to the range so I can run a few mags through it but no luck yet.

17. greatcountysky

greatcountysky New Member

I like guns as much as the next man - they're fun to shoot at a firing range and I feel safe having one in the house - but I do not get why people find necessary to have AKs or ARs. Is that a little much? The point of those weapons, the whole reason they were designed, is to kill as many people, or, should you fire at one person, to insure that the job is done. That's a bit excessive for home security or, say, hunting I think. Unless you guys just collecting guns - in that case, why would you need the ammo? I don't know - it's stuff like this that give guns bad names. I believe in the right to bare arms - but there's got to be a line and I'm disturbed by how that lines keeps broadening.

~Jared~

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:smokin:

19. M249

M249 New Member

You do realize the intent of the 2A is ensure that the people have the proper arms to form a militia, and that militia is necessary for the security of a free state? Are you aware that the founders of this nation feared oppressive governments, and did not want the US government to become oppressive?

First, they're going to take our "assault weapons" because they're scary. Then, they're going to take our handguns, because, well, the cops are there to protect us. When they come for your hunting weapons, who's going to be left to stop them?

Of course that couldn't possibly happen.

Let me know how well that musket works for ya!

20. merlock

merlock New Member

:shock: :?: