Humans 'learned to walk in trees'

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Rammstein, May 31, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

This will probably upset some here.

Source

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

No I heard this report yesterday. Just shows what the experts don't know.

3. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Ramm,
    I don't know why anybody on this site would be upset. We need to remember that it is based on theory = "In common usage, people often use the word theory to signify a conjecture, an opinion, or a speculation. In this usage, a theory is not necessarily based on facts; in other words, it is not required to be consistent with true descriptions of reality. True descriptions of reality are more reflectively understood as statements that would be true independently of what people think about them."
    I do not get offended because I beleive in the creation of man not evolution of man. So if you really want to stir the pot, that is all the statement you need to say. OOP's did I do that?
    :rotfl: :eek: :eek:

4. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

Oh i will stir the pot this time...

Sorry man, this isn't common usage, this is science.

From wikipedia:

In scientific usage, a theory does not mean an unsubstantiated guess or hunch, as it can in everyday speech. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from or is supported by experimental evidence

And yes, i would trust the people who do this for a living, who spend their whole life finding out where we came from, then some retard asking for 1/10 of my pay.

Doc is going to hate me for saying that, he already wants to punch me for my cult comment.

I only believe in the

Flying Spaghetti Monster

There are strippers in his heaven, but they have VDs in hell.

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Ya guys are all familiar with the "Little Johnnie" jokes where Little Johnnie is always stirring the pot in school, slipping in off-color comments in his assignments and class discussions. I know several Little Johnnie jokes but really can't post any of them here... He's just a natural-born troublemaker!

Anyway, in the future, when I tell or send a "Little Johnnie" story, I think I'm going to change them into "Little Mattie" stories...

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Hmm. Isn't "global warming" science too?

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What about the above news article made you think it was a theory as opposed to a hypothesis?
    :?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You are Jewish, and you have a retarded Rabbi? :?

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Let's see how long it takes for everyone to figure this one out. :D

10. NetAdminWithGun

I wasn't talking about the article, I was talking about tj2000's comment of the whole thing being a theory (common usage and implying that evolution was one(common usage))

And the jewish thing i'm confused about, dont you pay tith? And isn't tith suppose to be 10% of your income?

11. Dan H

Dan H New Member

:lol:

12. Dan H

Dan H New Member

You know, this is a tough subject because I believe a lot in science but I also believe in a higher power. I have my faith, but I also believe in scientific research and a certain amount of evolution since as humans we do adapt and evolve over time to our surroundings. Its hard to be in the middle on these subjects unfortunately...

13. NetAdminWithGun

Well i think you do it very well.

I'm not against a "higher power", i'm against organized religion and the whole "All Powerful, All Seeing, All Knowing" crap.

hell we could all just be micro organisms on a dog's back for all i know.

14. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Very advanced micro-organisms, with computers, and guns, and stuff.

:lol:

15. NetAdminWithGun

Ever watch southpark? The semen + sea monkeys = society ?

BEST example of religion i have ever found.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I wish you could actually do that. .....well....minus the semen I guess......

But it's be pretty cool to watch a mini society evolve.

17. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

It doesn't upset me at all because I don't believe it.

18. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

remember Men in Black II in the last scene where they find out the world as we know it is a in a train station locker...

I have my reasons for believing what I do. All I have to say is science has never let me down unlike the "all powerful one"

oh yeah and macktee i like the little mattie stories :)

19. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

20. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

That's what I was thinking about. The 'tans were the smart ones then. hehehe.

No offense here either. I'd have to not believe in what I have faith to let what someone else has faith in bother me. :)