How's that gun control working for you?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Taurus92, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

I'm putting this in "In the News" because we don't have a section for "Not in the news".

https://panampost.com/elena-toledo/2017/10/25/most-violent-year-in-mexican-history/
    Wow, 24,000 homicides. Just through September.

Does any MSM in the US cover this? Crickets... Might mess with their overwhelming support of gun control.

LATimes gave it up back in July at 12,155
    Seems to be escalating to double in half the time.

2. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

It's gotten to where even the tourist areas there are quite dangerous. I went to Cancun 28 or 29 years ago. It was relatively safe then. No way in hell I would go there these days.

About 8 years ago, my former boss mentioned he and I going to Juarez on business. That is a wickedly dangerous town. If he had pursued us going there, I was prepared to refuse, unless we were provided armed bodyguards that we picked. I lost that job for another reason, but I was prepared to throw it away for that reason, if needed. No job is worth my life, or my soul.

3. Taurus92

Yeah, my old company opened a manufacturing facility in Juarez about 20 years ago. I hated going down there. Stories of mass graves turning up was concerning.

The lack of reporting on this is such a fine example of the bias in our media. It goes against the facade they are trying to paint for us. From gun control to the need for a wall, they just refuse to inform people. What they feed us is just so cherry picked to meet their agenda, it's disgusting.

4. Taurus92

Should mention Venezuela with 24,000 homicides in 2013 after banning guns in 2012

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Gun control is always a failure, always. Sure you might get a reduction in gun related murders if you confiscate firearms, but what you get is a massive increase in violent crime.

You can say what you want about guns, but in the hands of citizens it's been proven to lower violent crimes, even if the death number from guns is higher because you didn't confiscate many of them.

Plus you'll never get the Firearms away from the criminals in any country.

It will only be the law abiding that you disarm.

Just like drug wars, gun control is always a failure as well.