howdy, a little help in duluth

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by dark_cowboy29, Oct 6, 2007.

1. dark_cowboy29

dark_cowboy29 New Member

not used to shooting in ranges moved from oklahome 6 months ago (lived in the country) i was wandering if anybody could recommend a good range for pistols in or around the duluth are. Also what i should expect.
    Thanks

Cowboy

2. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Howdy...what part of Oklahoma? I grew up there, around the Lawton area.

Don't know of ranges around Duluth, depending where in Duluth you are, Bullseye in Cumming might be fairly close.

http://www.bullseyemarksman.com/

As far as what to expect...shooting in a range isn't near as fun as on your own property....you are limited to paper targets. Ranges are good for honing your accuracy though. Some people have problems with the rapid fire rule. A lot of indoor ranges around here arn't so good for rifle's, 25 yards is fine for pistols, but a little short for rifles. There are some outdoor ranges around as well. Be sure to read the rules at which ever range you choose to go to.

3. dark_cowboy29

dark_cowboy29 New Member

muskogee, eufaula area

4. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

Here's another Indoor range. Again only 25Yd, and their ventilations system is not the best, but it's $15 all you can shoot.

American Classic Marksman
    5305 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Norcross, GA 30092
    Phone: (770) 449-6200

5. spamman

spamman Member

American Classic Marksman in norcross is good. I"ve been there a few times. The guys there are good guys. I just shot there on Thursday with my wife.

Bullseye in Lawrenceville is a good place too, the only problem is parking during busier hours of the day. There is a new parking deck about 2 blocks north of there, and some parking around the square about a block north of it. There are also some parking spots right in front.

Either place is good and the rates for lanes and ammo are about the same.

6. Timmy

Timmy Member

Hi there,

The closest range to Duluth that I've been to is Bull's eye in Lawrenceville.

Here's the info:

Bull's Eye Indoor Range & Gun
    221 W Crogan St, Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (770) 963-6556

The store looks like a hole in the wall but the staff is friendly, it's got a great selection of guns under the case and will also let you rent and shoot a Thompson, MP5 and many more as long as you use there ammo, which is Atlanta Armory.

I highly recommend it!

7. spamman

spamman Member

Depending on where you are in duluth, you might be equidistant between Bullseye and American Classic Marksman. Both excellent places (as I said before :) ).

8. Timmy

Timmy Member

This is true :lol:

9. dark_cowboy29

dark_cowboy29 New Member

thanks for the advise i think ill go to bulleyes saterday

10. Breadfan63

Breadfan63 New Member

I shoot at American Classic a couple times a week.

11. Indicium

Indicium New Member

Come on down and shoot, we have a new crew at American Classic Marksman. I will be there Thusday and Friday this week.

12. pyromaster

pyromaster Member

Good deal. I shoot at ACM every Friday around lunch

13. sgtdevildog

sgtdevildog New Member

I try and get to ACM

on Sunday mornings at 11:00 for a round. Maybe we can arrange sometime during a week night or so to get together there and meet/shoot.

14. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I will be at American Classic Marksman this Saturday at 11:00am. Taking my 12 year old son (Already been shooting several times and loves it) and my daughters 18 year old boyfriend. He's a first time shooter I am trying to bring into the fold.

15. spamman

spamman Member

Or scare him to death? :D

16. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Just because he's bringing 8x10s of the boyfriend's head doesn't mean he's trying to scare him. He's just trying to combine his love of the boyfriend with his love of shooting in one convenient package.

17. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I just want a little Man to (almost) Man talk with him and let him know how much I love my daughter and how it would upset me if she was hurt.

I also want him to see me hit a Torso sized target shooting offhand from 20 yards with my 1911.

Actually he is a good kid, but it never hurts to have a little fear of your girlfriends father thrown in, just to keep him honest. :wink:

18. sgtdevildog

sgtdevildog New Member

Sounds like a good time to buy/rent that S&W 500 magnum.