Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.returnofkings.com/86267/what-you-need-to-know-to-survive-a-police-interrogation

Danial states: Being in a small room… getting in your face, yelling at you, calling you a liar, poking you in the chest with their finger, and then turns around and says 'Well, I can help you, if you tell me the truth, tell me what happened'. It went on and on throughout the night with them calling me a liar." After 11 hours, Danial falsely confessed . . .
As NYPD detective Jay Salpeter says "How could you confess to a crime you never did? Put them in a room with me. I could do it." Detective Glenn Ford got 100% of the Navy men, military trained men who should have above average physical, if not mental strength, and some type of training in interrogation, to confess. "He postured like a bulldog, leaning towards me, yelling at me, calling me a liar, telling me I was going to die, and this went on for 8 hours. At least every 30 seconds, for 8 hours of constant talking, Ford would say 'You're going to die, you're going to get the needle. How does it feel to die?'"
Maybe NSFW

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Generally, I think military personnel have a religious-like reverence for authority. I think that's their Achilles' heel in these types of interrogations.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I speak with college students all the time about their rights. Excepting the occasional law student, they are all so ignorant about their rights and what the police are (legally) capable of doing to them.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Being in a small room… getting in your face, yelling at you, calling you a liar, poking you in the chest with their finger...

That would not end well for me. But they would not soon forget it..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Clayton County's own Sheriff Victor Hill never made a statement and demanded his attorney continuously throughout the investigation of his shooting of Ms. McCord in Gwinnett County.

You will recall he shot her while "demonstrating police tactics" to her in a model home for sale.

His trial, a misdemeanor for reckless endangerment, is now scheduled for mid-June according to the AJC. His insistence on keeping his mouth shut served him extremely well.

Sadly, he will probably get off on the charge.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I was military. Remember, phaed was military, too.
And some of us got to endure SERE training and enjoyed a bit in the 'resistance training lab'. And then some of us got to enjoy 'advanced beatings' due to special circumstances or high risk jobs.

I will say this, however. Prior to the training on HOW to resist, 100% of the members of my class (who were already military at the time, mind you) were broken and sang like canaries. There were about 80 of us in the group and all 80 of us BROKE. This included some folks that were in the middle of the special forces training pipeline. So...it doesn't surprise me that folks who have had zero specialized training could be broken by an ass clown detective.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
i think worldview is probably relevant. most people are raised to believe that cops are the good guys. that probably makes them more inclined to talk to cops. i think many blacks are raised to believe cops are the bad guys. it'd be interesting to see if there's a difference statistically in how many of them talk.

in any case, i don't think it's something to brag about...being able to manipulate people under duress. i think the only thing this shows is the evil nature of police.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,408 Posts
Surviving a police interrogation is to cross your arms and put your head on the table on top of your arms and say I am innocent and want a lawyer as many times as necessary and nothing but those words.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,408 Posts
being able to manipulate people under duress. i think the only thing this shows is the evil nature of police.
For once we agree.

Nemo

·
Like a Boss
3,034 Posts
The article itself is very good. The source, not so much. Even disregarding the overall terrible content of the site, the incredibly vulgar obscenity on the linked page should at least require a warning before that page is linked here.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think many blacks are raised to believe cops are the bad guys. it'd be interesting to see if there's a difference statistically in how many of them talk.
They all talk. They LOVE to talk. Blah, blah, blah . . . I was a police officer in a predominately black area.

·
Like a Boss
3,034 Posts
What vulgar obscenity? I read the entire article. What are you talking about?
The author's bio. You literally can't miss it on mobile and it's right at the top left on a desktop. Don't even have to scroll.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts