How to shorten your lifespan: Rob a mobster's wife

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Xiclotl, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

:lol:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20101 ... bster.html
    They got caught by the police one hour later for driving the wrong way on a one-way street. Probably glad to be in custody now rather than at the bottom of a hole in a corn field.

2. groats

groats New Member

Not to worry.
    I'm sure some very large guys will soon pay their bail and offer them a ride in their limo....

3. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

Wonder if these 3 guys ever heard of Gotti? Hmmm well he is still missing :D Someones going to swim with the fishies.

4. samman23

samman23 New Member

I doubt that they are safe in jail either. The irony is that the cops will give back all the spoils back to the Mr. and Mrs. Staino.

5. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Reminds me of a rehashed Simpsons episode:

Guard: Alright, ya slimeball, you've made bail. Let's go.
    Robber: Bail? Who posted it?
    Guard: Goons.
    Robber: Who?
    Guard: Hired goons.
    Robber: Hired goons?
    :mrgreen:

6. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

I'm sure this guy has a few "friends" already in jail who would do the 'deed' for him.[​IMG]

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Cop and gun writer Massad Ayoub (?) has several times stated he was tempted to put as cause of death, "wrong choice of victim", or something similar...

I suspect that will apply to these three one day very soon. Doncha jest luv happy endings?

8. ber950

ber950 Active Member

There is a great old story from NYC of a purse snatcher that knocked a little old lady down and ran directly in to a cop when he rounded the corner. He was sitting in the back of the police car wondering why they wouldn't take him to jail so he could get a meal and why the cops were standing around laughing. Turned out it was some mobsters mother. He wasn't amused when he found out. :lol:

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Yeah, in the summer of 1996 a lowlife mugger with an arrest record as long as your arm mugged the 94 year old mother of Mafia boss Vincent "The Chin" Gigante.
    But the Chin had his own mental and legal problems to worry about, and his brother who witnessed the crime urged him to take no action-- Mom wasn't hurt and she didn't even realize she'd been pickpocketed.

CUT AND PASTE:

...First, Willie King was inept enough to get caught and charged with mugging the mother of the city's most feared Mafia don. Now he's being told that Vincent (Chin) Gigante is a forgiving kind of guy.

What, him worry? Noooo.

Chin's brother, the Rev. Louis Gigante, denied yesterday that the hapless mugger a petty thief who had no idea he picked on the mother of a reputed Mafia kingpin was in any danger.

"This is stupidity," he said. "I know you like to talk about my brother. I just want to be left alone. My brother is sick enough to be what he is. He's home with mama."

LINK to ARTICLE http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/1996/07/23/1996-07-23_chin_kin_to_suspect__fear_not.html

FOLLOW UP: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante was tried and convicted in 1997. He died in prison in 2005.

10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The purse-snatcher, Willie King, got a couple years in prison, after his guilty plea in 1997.

11. mtber1172

mtber1172 Member

I think you mean Hoffa. Gotti never went missing. He died of cancer while serving time in prison.

Hoffa is the one they never found. 8)

12. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Aluminum Baseball Bats and a hole in a corn field. They usually bury you while you're still breathing. If they make sure to not hit you in the head, you'll probably feel every rib break.

The mob has so many ways to kill you, you just never know which one they will use. If its in jail, it could be as simple as shanking you to death. Another painful way to go. Hope they hit a major artery and you pass out quickly from the blood loss.

13. jhvaughan2

jhvaughan2 Member

... and I think the phrase is "sleep with the fishes" as in:

14. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I always liked the Saturday Night Live line about Hoffa always being a "Cornerstone" of the organization.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75xupdate.phtml

15. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

I have seen real Italian mobsters in my life before. I saw a limo pulled over next to a bridge with two guys in suits talking to each other on lawn chairs with their hands over their mouths. Would not want to mess with them at all.

16. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Mobsters are seriously dangerous, but they have always been the most dangerous in places where you couldn't legally defend yourself. Thats one reason why they tend to leave cops alone. Cops shoot back, even in NYC.