9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
14,956 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
Look around to some saddle makers and online leather suppliers. I have made a couple of knife sheaths and besides being alot of learning and education from each they were a fair bit of fun.

Now working on a pancake for a friends Springfield UC (all metal) 45.

The one best thing you can get to use to make it is a hole punch fork. I have a 2, 3, 5 and 6 prong from amazon that cost about $14. Carefully get your first line right then overlay 2 or 3 holes for stitching to keep the line on the proper line. Really helps if you're going straight.

Nemo

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look around to some saddle makers and online leather suppliers. I have made a couple of knife sheaths and besides being alot of learning and education from each they were a fair bit of fun.

Now working on a pancake for a friends Springfield UC (all metal) 45.

The one best thing you can get to use to make it is a hole punch fork. I have a 2, 3, 5 and 6 prong from amazon that cost about $14. Carefully get your first line right then overlay 2 or 3 holes for stitching to keep the line on the proper line. Really helps if you're going straight.

Nemo
Thanks Nemo :wink:

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
Welcome. But remember, that Zookeeper guy around here will do a much better job first time around than you will in the next year or 3.

Nemo

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Zoo's may be prettier, but doing it yourself is a whole lot of fun. Usually by the second or third one for a pistol I have one that I really like. Go for it !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts