How to Know if Carrying

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I've been trying for, like, 45 minutes to hide any of my guns between my buttocks with little success.

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

That woman had to have a huge $s$!!!!! Thats a whole different meaning to "having junk in the trunk"!!!

On another note, I thought the article to be interesting. My uncle always told me when he was walking in NY as a cop on his beat as they called it, there was always an alertness no matter the situation. Always looking for the unexpected.

Only problem I notice is with the "baggy crap style clothing" kids have on now, noticing weapons is a bit harder.

4. pro2am

pro2am New Member

At the next Meet and Greet...somebody remind me to not shoot one of your guns if you offer. :lol:

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I second that!

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if anybody is putting out bulletins informing police that there are a lot of us good guys out there carrying weapons, too?

Just curious.

7. wwomack

wwomack New Member

That's something that concerned me about the bulletin. There was a brief mention at the top of police not being the only people, legally or illegally, carrying. Other than that, everywhere else it was assumed that people with weapons were dangerous criminals. I understand that police have a difficult and sometimes dangerous job but they need to remember that although they deal with scum and trash a lot, most of us out there aren't the bad guys (even those of us who are armed).

Other than the omission of any information on people who legally carry, I thought it an interesting read.

8. CrankE

CrankE New Member

The word that I kept reading in that bulletin that chilled me a little was, "offender". These words get tossed around sort of carelessly in my opinion. The bulletin seems to imply that there's just two groups of people, police (us) and "offenders" (everybody else).

BTW, am I presumed innocent by law, but presumed guilty by the police? :?

9. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

Well, crap, I almost always wear my shirttails untucked.

10. CrankE

CrankE New Member

Better watch it redbeard. Not only will you get a weapons charge, but they'll hit you up for "inappropriate apparel" as well. :wink:

11. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

thought this one should be brought to life again to..

12. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

13. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

There you have it folks. Straight from the FBI. Gun control laws do not affect criminal behavior.

14. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

Holy thread resurrection Batman! :lol:

15. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

:?

16. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

It seems to me that this article is calling everyone who CC's a gun a crimminal. :evil:

17. TheLaw

TheLaw Old Time Member

Notice that it stated that none of the offenders used a holster.

18. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Re:

Ha, MB, you must be joking. Don't you know we're guilty until proven innocent in this country?

19. Madpegtod

Madpegtod New Member

Such as carrying in church, courthouses, sporting events, etc.....

ETA: At least here in GA anyway.

20. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I noticed one important indicator missing, at least with me.

"Does he have pants and a shirt on?"
    If yes, then you should assume the individual is carrying, either openly or concealed.
    If no, then you should assume one or more firearms are within immediate reach.