how to go bathroom in the woods

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mygunstoo, Jan 23, 2011.

1. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

So, after securing all survival gear, shelter, fire, water and food, mother nature came calling. Without the aid of a seat, how do ppl go in the woods for #2?

I just need to know where to find the information. No need to be descriptive here and no pictures are necessary. :lol: The information that I have found so far indicates how to make a hole in the ground, called a cat hole, and when done, cover it up and off you go.

Thanks in advance for you help.

2. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

Lean against a tree, and be sure not to drop a "log" into your pants :lol:

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

For me, leaning your back against a tree is a no-go. Not comfortable or secure.

I prefer squatting with a small tree in front of me. One with a small enough trunk diameter for me to get a good grip with only one hand, but strong enough that I won't bend it over too far or rip it out of the ground.

Then I lean away from it. My hand or hands on the tree keeps me from falling over backward.

4. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

Exactly. I have found that, or go behind a tree, or grab a limb etc. But, are there illustrations of how to do it? Not looking for anything revealing, you know. Now, back to lean against a tree, how to "aim" for the cat hole? See what I mean?

5. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

:lol: That is the size of the wood I use for kindling. This past weekend, I learned how to make a nice camp fire with a fire steel and cotton balls.

6. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

Mimicking a sitting position on a chair but holding on to a small tree.

7. latter_day_hippie

latter_day_hippie Well-Known Member

Does it say anything at all about our species, after tens or even hundreds of thousands of years when hominids have existed and bathrooms haven't, that we need to go on the Internet to ask for instructions about how to :censored: in the woods??? :)

8. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

A quote from Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Woods:

9. madamimadam

madamimadam New Member

this is my method too. years of successful testing gives this method :righton: :righton:

10. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Get an etool. Dig hole, fold the head of the etool over at a 90 degree angle and sit with one cheek on it. Works like a charm.

11. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

How do you illustrate such a thing and not be revealing? Even for a stick figure that'd be a compromising position! :lol:

Maybe some further preparation is required. Take a stroll out in the woods, find a comfy looking tree, drop trou, and have a "dry" go at it. Practice makes perfect. Just make sure not to squat in any three-leaf foliage. :mrgreen:

12. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

If it were as common today as it was say 150 year ago, or if I were naked or wearing a little cloth flap covering my a$$ets, then it would not be a problem to squat and go. But carrying boots, underwear and pants makes aiming a bit more critical.

13. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

Now that is an idea worth trying.

14. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

This, and if you're really adventurous, as in a thrill seeker, if you're ever high up on a mountain and there is a cliff nearby, you can pull a Cliffhanger Slam, much in the same way, don't even have to dig a hole. I would use two very strong saplings for this, as you wouldn't want to go off the cliff. No hole to dig. :lol:

15. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

Take half that gear out of the discharge ports and see if she could squat like that.

Could it be the reason that old style underwear had bottons on the back above the cheecks to open the rear?

16. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

Nah, if I fell off the cliff, then it will supress the need to go. :lol:

17. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Follow your tag line

"...aim small, miss small..."

18. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

Grunts have been doing it since they gave us a folding shovel.