how to get police report amended? insurance company woes

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Suprman, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Suprman

Suprman New Member

I had a Truck stolen and the officer didn't list anything inside of the car, just that the car was stolen. well the insurance company is telling me i need everything that was stolen on the police report. this has been a nightmare. anyone know the best way about getting the report amended to include the list of items that was stolen? this was APD that handled this.

also what is the best way to compile all my tools and items that were in the truck when it was stolen so the insurance company will take it. am i responsible for figuring out what the worth of the items are or are they? how specific do i have to be in describing everything? thanks

2. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

It's not difficult, it is just time consuming.
    you have to supplement the list that was made in the original report.
    It can be handwritten, emailed, whatever.
    You are responsible for the values and description of the items stolen. Better description, better chance of recovery.
    Call the PD (APD covers a lot of ground, Austell, Alpharetta, Atlanta, Appling, etc....) and tell them you need to supplement the record, If the case is assigned to an investigator, the investigator can supplement the report with the list you provide

3. Suprman

Suprman New Member

great thanks! guess i'll work on getting a detailed list for both insurance and the police

4. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Make sure you include your lucky gold brick that you always have in your truck.