Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone just posted, then deleted a thread on this topic. He noted that streets were nearby. Here's what I was going to reply:

It is illegal to shoot within 50 yards of every public street, road, and highway in this state.

The way you deal with it is to call the violation in to law-enforcement.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,531 Posts
Sure, IF the "reckless" (quote from thread title) shooter is too close to a public road.

And we can also investigate city and county ordinances, because the state does not have preemption as to the discharge of firearms for recreational purposes or hunting. Counties and cities can regulate or ban that activity. Many do have much stronger requirements to be away from roads, occupied buildings, or property borders.

Reactions: Phil1979

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,531 Posts
Georgia has a reckless conduct statute.
Some parts of it are very specific, but then it also has a vague catchall provision.

I do not think that simply complying with state and local laws regarding the discharge of a firearm near buildings or roads automatically and conclusively satisfies the law that reckless conduct is not taking place.

QUOTE:
O.C.G.A. 16-5-60 (b)
"A person who ... endangers the bodily safety of another person

by consciously disregarding a substantial and unjustifiable risk that his act or omission will cause harm or endanger the safety of the other person

and the disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care which a reasonable person would exercise in the situation is guilty of a misdemeanor."

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gs. I was just using the language of the original poster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chop him in the throat so hard you can hear his teeth click 10 blocks away. Best to introduce a negative stimulus to bring on a positive outcome. That'll be one he'll never forget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts