Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps, but how do you fight a system that is rigged against you? To be honest, I feel pretty powerless.
simple. stop supporting it.
How does one stop supporting "it?" Stop paying taxes? Stop voting? Stop advocating for change? Stop fighting for liberty? What?

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
How does one stop supporting "it?" Stop paying taxes? Stop voting? Stop advocating for change? Stop fighting for liberty? What?
if you support the existence of the state, are you not culpable for its actions? So, stopping his support of it would be a logical, necessary first step. what he does after that is up to him. both he and you know when you are, and that you are "supporting" the existence of the state. don't try being obtuse with me.

otherwise, sorry, there aren't any rules on how to be an anarchist...that's kinda the point.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
No rules on how to be an anarchist? Cool, so I'm a church going, tax paying, establishment loving, politically conservative bona fide Anarchist!

Rise up, Y'all!!

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
i'll give you a few examples to chew on, MP.

1) i pay taxes, because i know that if i do not, i will be maimed, caged, and/or killed. would you say that i support the existence of the state?

2) you had guns stolen. would you say that you support robbers by arming them?

3) you say that the government is necessary, consensually give them funds to support their operations, and believe that you gave a special class of people authority over yourself, me, and everyone else. do you support the government?

see any differences?

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read carefully your two posts here, phaed. It leaves me with this question: When you say, "stop supporting it," you are just talking about an attitude, not an action?

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
I read carefully your two posts here, phaed. It leaves me with this question: When you say, "stop supporting it," you are just talking about an attitude, not an action?
it could mean either (or both) to different people. i think i've made myself clear in the examples, which you will hopefully bother to answer the questions of.

changing from being a slave to a free man beset by bad actors requires only a shift in perspective. some take it further. however, that simple shift in perspective will change that person's world in ways he can't yet imagine...all for the better, imo.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it could mean either (or both) to different people. i think i've made myself clear in the examples, which you will hopefully bother to answer the questions of.
Oh, they were not rhetorical? Sigh. Fine. I see some differences. They are mainly differences in attitude.

1) yes

2) no

3) Well, hard to answer since you said "You," and the question is very general, but in the hypothetical I suppose the answer for that hypothetical person would be yes.

I am not asking you what it means to different people, phaed.

Now that I have answered your questions, will you please give me a clue what you mean?

Why are you always so vague on this stuff?

You said, and I quoted it in the first post, "Simple. Stop supporting it." If it is simple, then the explanation should be simple and not demand me answering a litany of questions to get the simple explanation out of you. What does that mean - to you, not to different people, but to you? What does it mean? How does one "stop supporting it?"

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Oh, they were not rhetorical? Sigh. Fine. I see some differences. They are mainly differences in attitude.

1) yes

2) no

3) Well, hard to answer since you said "You," and the question is very general, but in the hypothetical I suppose the answer for that hypothetical person would be yes.

I am not asking you what it means to different people, phaed.

Now that I have answered your questions, will you please give me a clue what you mean?

Why are you always so vague on this stuff?

You said, and I quoted it in the first post, "Simple. Stop supporting it." If it is simple, then the explanation should be simple and not demand me answering a litany of questions to get the simple explanation out of you. What does that mean - to you, not to different people, but to you? What does it mean? How does one "stop supporting it?"
explain to me why when i'm robbed, i'm supporting the thieves; but when you are robbed, you are not supporting the thieves.

as for my being "vague", know that we view things very differently now. sometimes i can't frame my answers in a way that you're comfortable with because of our different worldviews...at least not while remaining true to myself and the rules of logic. what my personal outlook is, is to maintain that proper shift of perspective (that i'm a free man, beset by bad actors), while defending myself when and where i can without dying in the process. i think if one's goal is self-defense, that dying is the most spectacular and irreversible failure possible, no matter how righteous the cause.

and my answer to his question was simple. he can't fight the system by supporting it. could the government exist without the support of the people? nope.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ewhat my personal outlook is, is to maintain that proper shift of perspective (that i'm a free man, beset by bad actors), while defending myself when and where i can without dying in the process.
And when and where is that?

and my answer to his question was simple. he can't fight the system by supporting it. could the government exist without the support of the people? nope.
Sure it can. It has. It does, and it will. Any contrary answer ignores historical reality.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
And when and where is that?
as i determine.

Sure it can. It has. It does, and it will. Any contrary answer ignores historical reality.
that's funny. maybe you can give a historical example of a time where everyone utterly stopped supporting the existence of the state. i can't think of one, but granted i'm no historian.

and, you didn't answer my question...

explain to me why when i'm robbed, i'm supporting the thieves; but when you are robbed, you are not supporting the thieves.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
as i determine.

that's funny. maybe you can give a historical example of a time where everyone utterly stopped supporting the existence of the state. i can't think of one, but granted i'm no historian.

and, you didn't answer my question...

I don't know about MP, but if I was present for the robbery I would be shooting the robbers. Why haven't you shot the government?

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
I don't know about MP, but if I was present for the robbery I would be shooting the robbers. Why haven't you shot the government?
what a bunch of provocateurs you parallel enforcers are. i've already answered your question, btw.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
what a bunch of provocateurs you parallel enforcers are. i've already answered your question, btw.
So what you're saying is: because there are more people who want a state, you are powerless to live apart from that state without sacrificing your life, and your ideals cannot realistically function because of those that disagree with you.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
So what you're saying is: because there are more people who want a state, you are powerless to live apart from that state without sacrificing your life, and your ideals cannot realistically function because of those that disagree with you.
that's not exactly how i'd put it, but there's some truth in that. if you want to see exactly "what i'm saying", you need only look at what i've said.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Great thread, and great questions asked gentlemen

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
See my idea of stop supporting it would be to move to a place in which it didnt exist.

Why dont anarchist's do that instead of bitching about a system that was in existance before they were born?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
They have no place to go and no way to change this one, so they just gripe about it.

Nemo

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
See my idea of stop supporting it would be to move to a place in which it didnt exist.

Why dont anarchist's do that instead of bitching about a system that was in existance before they were born?
The Godwin of statist

1 - 20 of 63 Posts