How Tea Party Organizes Without Leaders

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Sep 24, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Great video as well. Check it out: http://www.nationaljournal.com/njmagazi ... 1_8855.php

2. Owl

Owl New Member

And your point is?

I mean, you don't think events and training pay for themselves do you?

PS - I'm no fan of tea party patriots. however, nothing is free, grassroots or not.

3. EJR914

Some of the Tea Party is not run by the GOP. That's my point.

I think its a good thing.

4. spector

spector New Member

5. EJR914

I love reading the global guerrilla's blog spot..

6. Owl

Owl New Member

Well, no....none of them are actually 'run' by the GOP. Republicans aren't stupid. Neither are a few dependocrats. ;)

The problem with the tea party movement isn't that it's run by the GOP - it's that many in the GOP would like to "ride" it to victory without adhering to the principles. Sort of a "hitch your wagon" type of thing. To do this, those that had the insight in the beginning of the tidal wave of grassroots discontentment started "tea party" groups in their cities. (while other GOP candidates and activist wormed their way into the movement later) I know of one tea party group in GA that has been very successful, and is a fairly legitimate tea party group who actually do "walk the walk" - and that tea party group's leadership is made up of women who all belong to that county's GOP women's organization. That's fine for this group, because they seem to have the horse where it belongs in front of that cart - but I can't imagine there isn't some GOP influence there at some point.

I'll get beat up over this, but a good example of a tea party "hitcher" is Tom Graves. He jumped on the tea party bandwagon very, very early and has ridden it to his new career. However, if you look at his record and his positions and compare them to other independents that were running, there were far more conservative choices in the race for that office. So, why didn't the more conservative, independent, Constitutionalist win? In Georgia, it's because of the influence, money and ideological stranglehold that the GOP has over the population. The GOP's run in GA has been a good one, and alot of positive things have happened under their watch. ( People seem to overlook the negative, when times are good as they have been until recently).
    Again, I'm sure there's someone out there who would argue with me that Graves is indeed a conservative, but the very definition of that word is also arguable these days. Just watch how he votes, and see what we get from this "tea party" candidate that TPP bent over backwards to get into office. Mr. Graves IMHO will turn out to be another Johnny I. before it's over, wait and see - and the people of Georgia will revel in their good fortune, while their rights go to hell.

just my two cents

A Republican who wants to take up the tea party cause isn't a problem. It's the one's who would do nothing more than use the tea party sentiment to ride that political wave into their next(or continued) career politician role that bothers me. For some, the tea party is a revolution - for others, including many in the GOP - it's just the latest fad to get them elected or re-elected.

7. JDcollins78

JDcollins78 New Member

And we can certainly be thankful for that.