1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I try not to be where my weapon is concealed. I also wear pretty much the same type clothing all the time and I do put and effort into the best and quickest way to uncover the weapon if concealed with what I'm wearing. I don't know if that would represent practice or just anticipation and preparation. I see no use in multiple colors and types of clothing. Waste of money.

Reactions: Jonathan Freeman

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I try not to be where my weapon is concealed. I also wear pretty much the same type clothing all the time

I see no use in multiple colors and types of clothing.
So its still always Camo or OD green?

Nemo

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think of the boss. She would probably like a change. Get some tiger stripe camo and watch her swoon.

Nemo

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
She would probably like a change.
I just ran your suggestion by her. She wants to know why I'm talking to a fish.

Reactions: moe mensale

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,831 Posts
Until breaking my arm again I was target shooting once every 1-2 weeks. The last two years I’ve taken 4 draw and shoot classes, and practice my draw weekly.

After the doctor clears me to shoot it will probably take a while to get back into the swing of it. I’m a little concerned about the shock and where they had to put the titanium plate in my arm. The break was is two places, the ulna (the larger bone from your elbow to your wrist) was broken through at the elbow and took the plate to fix. The radius (the smaller bone from your elbow to your wrist) was fractured around the head that attaches it to the elbow.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I’m a little concerned about the shock and where they had to put the titanium plate in my arm.
"Sir, put down the Dan Wesson Bruin in 10mm and pick up that Ruger SR22"

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,831 Posts
"Sir, put down the Dan Wesson Bruin in 10mm and pick up that Ruger SR22"
Since I’ve been unable to shoot I’ve been entertaining myself by buying, selling and trading. I have five that I haven’t fired since I got them after breaking the arm. One is a 10mm RIA 1911, and another is a 3” barreled .45acp. I will start with my .22’s though.

·
Registered
14,168 Posts
Open-carry holsters are fine for beginners, but at some point we must master the concealed-carry draw stroke.

The concealed-carry handgun draw is an important part of personal defense training. It is a critical skill and a perishable skill.
I rarely carry concealed. My default is OC. Just about everything the author said can apply to drawing from the open position and needs regular practice also.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I just ran your suggestion by her. She wants to know why I'm talking to a fish.
But she swooned first!

And not a fish, Captain of the Nautilus. Seems you might have to repeat a couple months at the very beginning of your Know It All training.

Remember the two sacrosanct rules.

Rule 1. moe and Nemo are always right.

Rule 2. If you think either is in error, see rule 1.

Nemo.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
And not a fish, Captain of the Nautilus. Seems you might have to repeat a couple months at the very beginning of your Know It All training.

Remember the two sacrosanct rules.

Rule 1. moe and Nemo are always right.

Rule 2. If you think either is in error, see rule 1.

Nemo.
You never specified Fish Or Captain. I searched the forum from start to current. it ain't there.
Rule 1. Other than the smelly question I will concede that to be true.
Rule 2. See rule 1.
As for repeating any of My Know It All Training I do thusly protest and appeal to a higher authority if there be one.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,451 Posts
Since I’ve been unable to shoot I’ve been entertaining myself by buying, selling and trading. I have five that I haven’t fired since I got them after breaking the arm. One is a 10mm RIA 1911, and another is a 3” barreled .45acp. I will start with my .22’s though.
I'd say it's a good time to practice week arm shooting and become Proficient in that.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Remember the Wheel!

Nemo

Reactions: Adam5

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do thusly protest and appeal to a higher authority if there be one.
There is none.

Shut up, genuflect 3 times, then go sit in the corner for an hour.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts