How often do you go to the range?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by pro2am, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Once or more per week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Every other week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Every three weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Once a month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. More than a month goes by

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. When my mom lets me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I haven't been able to get to a range since August. This is by far my longest stretch without shooting. I'm normally at once per month or more.

I was wondering what's normal for most of y'all.

2. Breadfan63

Breadfan63 New Member

I'm a member at American Classic. I guess it's not a really popular range with the members of this board, but I'm there usually atleast once a week.

3. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I used to go more often. But it seems I am having a hard time finding time recently.

4. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Actually it's when my wife lets me.

My range time has dropped off this last summer. Partly due to high temps and partly even higher ammo prices. I'm doing good if I can make it twice a month right now.

5. dwalker

dwalker New Member

Luckily I have a nice spot behind the house, but I still would say only once a month or so....If the ammo wasn't so high I'd shoot every weekend! :wink:

6. oxfat

oxfat Member

Being new, I was shooting twice a week when I first bought my Glock. I kept that up for a few months until I started feeling comfortable with it. I've had to scale back as 200-300 rounds per week adds up. I'm at the range about every other week now. Wishing I was there more....

And yes, I realize I have a LOT to learn. Just at a slower pace now, sigh.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I used to shoot at Bullseye every week. With high ammo prices and a busy schedule I have cut back to every other week lately, though.

8. pro2am

pro2am New Member

A good follow up to this poll would be a "how many rounds per range visit". I know that the price of ammo is part of my excuse...and so is just plain being busy. I can't seem to get away.

When I do go, its usually 200-300 of 9MM, ~150 of 7.62x39, and 50-100 rounds of 12 or 20 gauge with the manual skeet thrower (if the boys are there to "pull"). I guess thats about $100-$125 in ammo.

9. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Combined...........Some where between 300 to 800 rounds per trip.

I've got some drills I need to work on the next trip. I'm going to try to go in the next couple of weekends.

10. fallison

fallison Guest

I go pretty much at least weekly (if I let it slip my boys remind me). The range costs me $30 a year in club dues so the only real expense is ammo. We shoot a lot of .22 LR to keep the costs down.

11. ntech

ntech Member

I still can't find a darn target stand! :banghead:

12. Claire

Claire New Member

I've been going about every other week

only because there's no outdoor range closer than adairsville
    we need to set up a trap field up the road ;)

I've gone & shot clays only - will do about 4 rounds of 25

or I'll do clays & then go over to the pistol bays

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That depends on where I'm shooting. Most of mine is at Bullseye in Cumming. Normally 200 or so 9mm, 100 or so 22LR, and maybe a few 7.65x54 and 7.62x54R if I bring the boomers with me.

It also depends who I'm with. If a group is meeting on the weekend, my rifle counts go up. If my wife comes add another 200-300 9mm.

I prefer smaller hour or so range trips on a regular basis, over a monthly full day with a high round count. My normal vistits are about an hour, not counting BS and hang out time.

14. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Only $30 a year! I wish I lived in your area.

ntech, it shouldn't be too hard to build one out of PVC. I think Ramm built two for under $45. Also, you may be able to go to a metal/car shop and have them weld some stuff together out of their scraps. That probably wouldnt' cost you more than $10 each, maybe even $10 and a 6-pack for both.

15. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Meh, useless poll 'cuz it doesn't include 'not often enough' as an answer.

16. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I probably shoot between 200-400 rounds per trip. I also try to keep my trips to an hour to hour and a half per trip. I figure if it doesn't take all day, just a couple of hours including driving time, I can get in more trips without the spouse complaining too much. My preference would be to go every other weekend, but is more like every 3-4 weeks lately.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I am fortunate enough to have found a friend with lots of land. So I've started going about twice a week at 100 rounds per trip. I'll shoot more when I get my G19, .380 is just to expensive to plink with.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Bulloch, where is said land?

19. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

I usually go every other week to bullseye in cumming. Usually 300 or so rounds of 9mm for a few hours. Depending who is there from the board here. With ammo getting expensive its every other week.

Forget the boom stick Mosin Nagant! 7.62X54R is getting out of hand. Now I am just buying and stocking up on ammo for it. Usually buy 400 rounds or so every 3 months.

Thank goodness I dont own any other calibers!

20. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I've got .22, .40, .223, x54R, x39, 30-06, and 12ga.