How often do you actually carry?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by GAGunOwner, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Only when I'm going to a bad area or think there may be trouble.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sometimes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Most, but not all of the time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Whenever I legally can.

100.0%
  5. Whenever I legally can +.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Never/Almost never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

Why isn't there an option:
    'Whenever I'm wearing pants'

2. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

I carry when I can and 99% of the time when I am home.

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Whenever I'm not at work.

At home I don't carry it around though.. it's on the kitchen table.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The poll is running neck and neck!

5. merlock

merlock New Member

I just can't get brave enough to go the "+" route; Mr. Murphy seems to be tethered to my leg. :(

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

The + route needs better concealement and a better concealed pistol. It's a bit tougher in the summer, far from impossible, but winter is easy.

www.smartcarry.com

That helps in the summer.

7. john

john New Member

carry

I carry almost all the time. Even at the local PD, but I am known there. I do not carry at Church or post office, I leave it in the car. I do carry at home.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Gun goes with me everywhere that won't net me a felony.

9. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

:soapbox: I don't do the + because it is against current law. If I didn't care about the law I wouldn't have bothered getting the permit in the first place. That is why changing the current law is so important. If you go about doing the + because you feel the law is unfair then you really aren't doing anything productive, you're just breaking the law. My :2cents:, pony up the $15 bucks and join GCO and help them change the current laws.

10. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

How far are you willing to take that?

Permit for going to church? Will you apply for a book reading permit? How about an interstate travel permit?

I'm not trying to tell you where the boundaries ought to be drawn, just asking you to think about yours.

11. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

You're missing the point. I'm not being hard on anyone. I don't like having to get a permit but I would guess that most people answering the above have a permit otherwise there is no + , they are carrying wherever they want which is against current law.

Now, my point is that we have a permit, whether you like it or not, whether it's fair or not, whether it's your God given right or not. Deal with it. The way to deal with it is that instead of breaking the law, which is what you are doing (like it or not), pony up $15 dollars and join an organization that is trying to make a difference.
    That was what I meant and only that. There is no judgement, just stating what the facts. Ignoring the law might just get you arrested at some point and then when you are standing in front of the judge you can tell him the law is unfair and see how sympathetic he is to your cause.

Again, no judgement, no hostility, you know me better than that.

12. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

I must be speaking Greek. :D

My point again, is that the law sucks and we should work to change it, not INTENTIALLY violate it. I really don't know how much clearer I can state that.

And yes, I probably have violated the law unknowingly (because the current law is so convoluted) but the question was whether one did + and I assumed that meant knowingly. I also don't think it is prudent to admit on an internet forum that you knowingly violate the law.

That's it, there is no moral judgment. I don't think I am better then anyone and I really don't care if you chose to carry everywhere you go, your choice, it's just not mine.

13. johnpeace

johnpeace New Member

Writing letters to the editor/our representatives is one way to make a statement.

14. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Then we must know! Where do you put your firearm when you park at a restaurant that serves alcohol? Or do you park off-property?

Come to think of it, if one eats at a restaurant in a shopping plaza, is the entire parking lot considered a no-no?

15. jmorin

jmorin New Member

Excuse my ignorance but what's a 130 exemption? Just curious.