How not to load a motorcycle

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by mb90535im, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

2. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Yeah, that'll work... Give it throttle while you have no traction.

3. vanguard

vanguard New Member

that had to be Fla. a whole bunch of people with nice cars and bikes and not a clue on how to drive them. :screwy:

4. livesounder

livesounder New Member

The second guy understood you have to go far enough to stabilize your balance and course, 'cause you're not going to correct either once you're on that ramp...

5. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

I had no one to pick me up after I returned a box truck I had rented, so I loaded up my bike into the back using the lift gate. When I got to the drop off location I opened the back and used to the ramp to drive down. Luckily I had a 26ft box and had time to stabilize myself. The look on the guys that worked there was priceless.

6. Priest

Priest New Member

After I reclaimed my bike from the crooks that screwed me over (local shop), it and a parts bike were taken to my warehouse. After a time I brought them home to my house in a box truck I was using for the day. I pulled a 20' truck into my driveway (difficult), aimed it so the ramp would end up partially in my garage (much more difficult with the angle I had to take), and rode my bike and the parts bike down the ramp into the garage (pretty difficult since the bikes didnt run, no brakes on the parts bike, and the tail of the truck was uphill of the nose).

I got them home no problem, but I understand physics. It also help that my bike only weighs 525#wet.

7. vanguard

vanguard New Member

I think it is simple, THE GUY DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO RIDE. :screwy: I have had 7 bikes, from a 1973 honda cb 350 to a gold wing. and you can tell he does not know his bike.

8. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

I think its funny that he was giving directions to the people standing near the ramps what to do if he loses control. But all of them are standing at least a foot or two away from the ramp.

9. Pandashire

Pandashire New Member

I loaded my bike like that, except I took it slow and had my feet down on the ramp.