1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
That's been posted here at least two times before. Very freaky.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They could pay me all the money in the world, but I still don't think I could physically do it. I would freeze up the minute I stepped out onto the ladder.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
:shock:
I couldn't do it.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,693 Posts
when I was a teenager, I used to climb antenna towers like this (but shorter) for fun. It never bothered me then. I don't know if it would now.
But we'd go hand-over-hand from ground level up to the top, 200 or maybe 300 feet up. Often there were no ladders, just posts / spikes.
And since most of those towers were already on hilltops, the view up there was both fantastic and a bit scary.
This video certainly makes me cringe to watch. I want to hug the arms of the chair I'm sitting in for extra stabilty while watching it.

P.S. Climbing towers for fun when you're not a professional repairperson is dangerous and stupid.
Not just the danger of falling, but also of electrocution and radiation.
Don't do it.
But teenagers do stupid things. It's a given.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,838 Posts
theres a tower outback behind the studio brb going to climb it

5000th post one day ill catch up to MP :lol:

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
Those guys should wear parachutes, so that when they're done they can just hop off the top and float back to the ground. Sure has to beat climbing all the way back down.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54200

·
Registered
530 Posts
Big wall climbing at Zion back in the day. 2,000 ft up on day two (A3 route).
The guy that took this photo (Conrad Anker) went on to be on the cover of Nat Geo and some TV shows .

Lots of changes since then. :lol:

·
GPDO Supporter
3,508 Posts
IF I could do it, I wouldnt take less than 350k a year. I am way past my prime to take on a job like that. I used to climb trees with spikes but not any more!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts