How many more "crumbs" in your paycheck?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Verbal101, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

My wife is in HR and she said that everyone across the board is seeing higher take-home [ay with the changes.

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Doesn't matter, not enough to actually eat out at key DC water holes frequented by those who matter - so, it's irrelevant.

awanatech and RedDawnTheMusical like this.
  4. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

What I'm worried about is how much is it going to decrease when the tax cut sunsets but the changes to what you can claim don't?

GPAdmin likes this.
  5. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

$66 dollars less a week is now stolen from my paycheck for Federal tax.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Worry about that in 2029.

Republicans are attempting to pass the bill, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), through the process known as budget reconciliation. The process allows Republicans to avoid a Democratic filibuster and pass the bill on a party-line vote, but it comes with strings attached.

One of the rules included in the reconciliation process is known as the Byrd rule. A provision within that rule stipulates that any bill going through reconciliation cannot add to the federal deficit outside of 10 years.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ill-why-individual-tax-cuts-temporary-2017-11

7. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

To extend on what Malum said, most of these "temporary" provisions get extended once the heat has died down.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That's $3432 a year, or $34,320 over ten years. :righton:

Even that assumes you do not get refunds and have the correct withholding. You might be saving even more by the time all is said and done.