How long does it take to buy a handgun?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by jlilnc14, May 3, 2007.

1. jlilnc14

jlilnc14 Guest

I just turned 21 and would like to buy a gun. if i go to a dealer how long does it take and whats the process? I am also going to a gunshow in a couple of days. Do they take credit card if i want to buy a gun there? any tips for gunshows? thanks

2. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

jlilnc,

Asuming you are in GA, they do a instant check and if you do not have anything that would keep you from purchasing you will walk out with it. Gun shows normally charge an extra 3% if you use credit (some debit) card, would recommend cash or check.

3. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Tips for shows, be sure you have a good idea what you want and the normal price from local dealers/internet. They are a good place to be able to handle many different models so you have a better selection.

4. tj2000

tj2000 Guest

S&W is correct.
    Also if you are a Ga resident and you have your GFL it takes about as long as filling out the form and pay the person.
    At gun shows you had better do your home work and have a good idea from other dealers on how much you pay for your new / used gun.
    Your not a psycho or anything: "someone who poses with their guns/arsonal without being or looking like they are involved with a sporting event" :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

If you haven't applied for your GFL yet go ahead and do that. Choose your county from the drop-down list in the top-left of this website for the experience in applying. http://www.georgiacarry.org is a good organization to be a member of regarding gun owners' rights, etc. You should check it out. :righton:

Welcome, by the way.

6. jlilnc14

jlilnc14 Guest

alright thanks for all your help!!

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

last time I bought one it took less than 5 minutes.

8. steelhorses

steelhorses Member

bring a notepad and pen and keep notes cause you might forget who had the best price on something or you decide to get something after the show and need the dealers name and number. cash works very well! it doesn't hurt to try a little haggling on prices too. esp if you buy multiple items