How long did it take you to get your C&R?

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by kestak, May 24, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am just curious. How long did it take you to get your C&R?

Thank you

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Took me about 4 weeks... and that's with an old indiscretion that I had to submit disposition on.

The process them here in Atlanta... right off Buford highway at Century Center.

3. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

My sherriff office just sent me back the form and said they don't process that...Hmmm... Does the ATF communicates with the CLEO or it is just a formality to send it to the CLEO? If it is just a formality, I won't call back the Sherriff office I think to explain the situation.

Thank you

4. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Just a formality. You sent it, he received it, so you did your due diligence. What he chose to do with it after that is irrelevant. 8)

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

As long as you're not violating any local ordinances, you're fine. As far as I know, there aren't any in Georgia that would affect a C&R besides prohibitive criteria to actually buy one, which the FBI will research via the background.

That reminds me, I have to send out my address change to my new CLEO in Gwinnett. Maybe I'll drop it off in person and find out his stance on Class III. Not like I would ask for his permission, but I'm curious.

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

There is a rather large Class III dealer in Gwinnett so I doubt the CLEO gives much trouble. If he does let me know so I can remember to vote against him.

7. Taurus

Taurus New Member

You send a Letter to your CLEO stating that you are applying for your C&R , but you send your C&R paperwork\AP to the Atlanta BATF office....

This site has the steps and even a pre-written letter that you send your CLEO...

http://www.cruffler.com/becomingcruffler.html

Hope this helps...Ohh , mine was about 6 weeks to get...

8. mmmTang

mmmTang Member

I put my paperwork in the mail on 5/16 and had the license in my mailbox by 5/26. I'm still amazed.

9. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

There are at least 2 dealers. The guy near me is Mr Pawn (Hwy 29 and Arcado rd.). He told me the Lilburn CLEO "won't" sign off on Class III applications anymore. Don't know if that's true or not, it's just what he said. That means I would need go the route of forming a trust or a corporation.

10. peashooter

peashooter New Member

Received Today

Finally got it today, took 67 days from Walton County :D
    Haven't received my holster yet from Fist Inc. should be here anytime now.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Wasn't this one of the people testifying against HB 89 at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing?

12. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Don't you mean a pig?

:D sorry...I just couldn't resist..... :lol:

13. Malum Prohibitum

Well, was he? Testifying, I mean?

I won't call him names because I thought he was misguided but well intentioned.

Of course, my opinion might change if it actually turns out he both testified against HB 89 and refuses to sign Form 4s.

I need some sort of confirmation, though, not rumor. Even a phone call from a member here would suffice. It would also be the first report on this web site of a CLEO in Georgia refusing to sign.

14. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

My notes from the HB 89 hearing indicate that someone identified himself as John Davidson, Chief of Police of Lilburn, and testified that HB 89 was unnecessary, that current law was sufficient, that current law requires keeping a firearm in the glove box or console, which are lockable, or in plain view.

15. Malum Prohibitum

I thought my memory was correct . . .

Has anybody verified whether he also refuses to sign Form 4s? As I said, if true, this would be the first confirmation of a CLEO that will not sign them in Georgia.