Georgia Packing banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Romans 10:13
4,611 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Tinkerhell said:
She was unhappy that I spent money on a gun when we had lots of other things to think about (new house) but she didn't scream too loudly. She has forced me into a promise to not carry when we have a kid.
I think she has a very good point on the first one. I don't get the second one. Carry is for the protection of the kid!
:righton:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Wife is supportive of my "hobby" or "addiction" as she puts it. She does not fully understand why I want to carry but does not complain if I have it in the vehicle with us. Still need to get her to the range, I know it will not be a every month thing for her but atleast a couple or few times a year. She knows that a gun is not always the answer but is a usefull tool when needed. Still looking for a 357 wheel gun for her, she wants her Mom's old 32 from her Dad for around the house. I want her to have a 357 so she can shoot 38s for target and load the better for SD.

Kids are very supportive (9 and 13, girls) started sitting them down this last weekend and going over the 4 gun rules. Added our own that they do not needed to talk to thier friends about what we own (guns or ??), or what we talk about along those lines. Will be taking them to the range as soon as they can show me on my Ruger 10/22 the 4 rules safely and they are out of school for the day. Plan on talking them to the trap ranges if they take a real liking to shooting.

Not sure if it will be a good thing or bad when they start out shooting me :oops: 8)

·
Registered
310 Posts
:D Great question...Here's a few key points:

1) I have my C&R License and she loves the history behind some of the colleactable arms I have aquired and want to aquire

2) She had her GFL for 3 years but decided carrying wasn't for her.

3) We take time to go to the range together where I shoot my PT111 and she enjoys the "plinker" Marlin Model 60 .22

4) She enjoys a good debate re 2nd Amendment rights and listens well during the debate and ALWAYS offers a new perspective

5) Though she doesn't like to carry, she is happy I do carry in and out of the house

6) She won't pick up my Guns and Ammo mag or my 1st Freedom Mag , but will read with interest and article if I point it out to her...

7) She will just hit me with a questions sometimes as in "When will they allow you to carry in more public places" as in Public gathering law...

8) She thinks my rifles look good on our bedroom wall in the gun rack I made..LOL...(It apparantly matches the decor)...

9) She is responsive to the news, as in "There's been a rash of breakins lately, are your guns accessable?"

10) She is excited to see me take our 2 boys to the range when they get old enough...

12) She supports my views and defends her own...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Mafuta54 said:
My wife has become almost anti over the last 2 years!

Before that she tolerated my hobby and even used to tag along with the whole family (we have 8 children). The youngest 2 (15/9) have been somewhat brainwashed and have never been shooting with the rest of us!
That 15 year old ought to be spending some time with Dad shooting. Even the nine year old is probably old enough to do a little shooting.

As for the wife, I suggest you send her to a shooting class that is restricted to women only. If you look around, I am sure you can find one. It might help!
I have tried to get my daughters to go shooting with me but my wife has made sooooo many negative comments about guns killing people that they don't want to go. My wife will not even consider touching one of my guns or going shooting!

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,754 Posts
Mafuta54 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Mafuta54 said:
My wife has become almost anti over the last 2 years!

Before that she tolerated my hobby and even used to tag along with the whole family (we have 8 children). The youngest 2 (15/9) have been somewhat brainwashed and have never been shooting with the rest of us!
That 15 year old ought to be spending some time with Dad shooting. Even the nine year old is probably old enough to do a little shooting.

As for the wife, I suggest you send her to a shooting class that is restricted to women only. If you look around, I am sure you can find one. It might help!
I have tried to get my daughters to go shooting with me but my wife has made sooooo many negative comments about guns killing people that they don't want to go. My wife will not even consider touching one of my guns or going shooting!
I'm glad that I don't have that problem. I take my 10 year old daughter shooting with me about once a month . I'll shoot whatever sounds good that day, and she shoots her air pistol. My only complaint is that my wife and my daughter's mother won't let me buy her a .22 rifle.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Preface: I'm not married.

By the time something gets serious between me and a woman, they've already accepted me by default, including my tinfoil political ways. They've accepted me interrupting a fine Sunday morning pointing out wordsmithing in a newspaper article (yes, with the AJC I eventually give up, but I have to point out at least one). They all know, due to other things that are more relevant to them in the relationship (like my grandpa like weekday bedtime), that if there's something they don't like, they are free to leave. My opinions and tendency to open carry when I'm mowing the lawn aren't going to change. My problems in this area tend to solve themselves before they become issues, since it's fairly obvious what you're getting five minutes after you run into me. The hippie chicks don't come my way, compadre!

Have I ever not (in Louisiana anyway) packed heat in my truck at any point in a relationship, including first date? No. Would I concealed carry in Georgia on a first date? I would, but the state has basically solved that problem for me via public gathering and alcohol stips.

Postscript: I'm not married :) .

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hi lsu_nonleg,

Your post raised some weird sensations, kind of like a strange deja-vu experience altered by location and time.

Lol... you could have been writing that about me, though it would be a retrospective to a time before I "changed"... to a time before "marriage".

·
4,611 Posts
Taler said:
Rammstein said:
I'm free.

No one tells me what to do.
Freedom, in a marriage, is an elusive thing, Ramm. My wife doesn't "tell" me what to do, and I'm free to ignore her, though at my own peril, lol. (There can be consequences if a "suggestion" is not taken seriously.)
Amen to that! :bowdown:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,754 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Taler said:
Freedom, in a marriage, is an elusive thing, Ramm. My wife doesn't "tell" me what to do, and I'm free to ignore her, though at my own peril, lol. (There can be consequences if a "suggestion" is not taken seriously.)
Amen to that! :bowdown:
:bowdown:

I have to agree with that Amen also. Anyone that has seen what my wife can do at the range knows why I tend to listen her suggestions.

·
4,611 Posts
I know what ya mean. My wife and I was at the range not too long ago and I notice she was hitting the lower region (family jewel area). I asked her, "why are you shooting there"? She replied, just in case. [-o< :shock: Then I said, I wouldn't want to break into our house. :)

·
68,174 Posts
lsu_nonleg said:
Have I ever not (in Louisiana anyway) packed heat in my truck at any point in a relationship, including first date? No. Would I concealed carry in Georgia on a first date? I would, but the state has basically solved that problem for me via public gathering and alcohol stips.
Before I was married, I was a police officer. I always carried on dates, but, then, it was always ok with the females because of my occupation, and it was always ok with the public gathering clause, too.

My mother, on the other hand, remarked the other day, "I don't see why you always have to carry that gun."

When my smirking "Mountain lions"* comment was met with only another "I don't see why . . ."

I replied, "You know I turn 40 this year, right?" :D She smirked and dropped the subject. I refrained from mentioning that she was in my house.

* Mountain lions is the inside joke between me and my son stemming from a Colorado vacation when he was just three. I could carry a lot more places in Colorado, and he asked why. I told him it was because of mountain lions, and he better keep his eyes open. It still gets a giggle out of him and he just turned six.

·
Registered
997 Posts
not married anymore....
I don't have a problem with a guy carrying... guess if I did I wouldn't be on here.
bought last guy I dated a valentine's day basket consisting of ammo and guiness... :D
I guess it will be interesting when I get my GFL to see how non gun guys react to me carrying on dates...(which will be limited by stupid alcohol and gathering laws).
Some things potential men have to like in no particular order (guns, my dog, my cats, my horse) if they don't well I guess they can keep looking. I agree compromise is needed in relationships but some things can not be compromised on.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mine was very anti gun when we met.
After a near abduction of my daughter (4 at the time) from my own fenced in back yard, she quickly learned the error of her ways and soaked up every piece of gun info that I and the internet could provide.

She now has a 9mm semi, .357 revolver and I gave her one of my Yugo SKSes. Don't think she wants to try either of my Mosins tho... :shattered:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
My wife, and both daughters, are decidedly anti-gun. Wife used to be a nurse. She worked the ER the summer after she graduated. I had guns then, so she couldn't tell me no to them, but she was pretty firm about motorcycles!

She doesn't like guns and usually won't even use the word when referring to them. She tends to get upset when I buy another one, but gets over it fairly quickly. Good woman!

She is happy I've made some friends, finally, after moving here five years ago... even if they are gun-toting right-wing nut jobs like Wiley...!

She tolerates my hobby, as she has tolerated them all. But she's not interested in joining me at the range. NOT AT ALL! I'd love it if she would, but I don't see that happening anytime soon... Like in the next millennium or two!!!

So............................................................................................?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
My wife does not have her license yet. Mainly because she's not a citizen yet.

But, she loves to shoot. Her favourites are my Makarov, and my father's AK.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,754 Posts
Macktee said:
She is happy I've made some friends, finally, after moving here five years ago... even if they are gun-toting right-wing nut jobs like Wiley...!
You have friends?

My bestest friends are Mr Glock, and Mr Walther.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts