Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I'm not sure how many of you use the "view unread posts" button versus going through all the forums. Personally, I use the button.

·
Registered
252 Posts
AV8R said:
Each board manually.

And I browse completely out of order, thank you very much.
I too use that method.

·
68,972 Posts
I can;t get it to work or I do not know what I am doing.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Mobster989 said:
AV8R said:
Each board manually.

I too use that method.
Apparently, that's a popular method.

Either that, or two other people didn't know about the button either... :oops:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,865 Posts
Macktee said:
Mobster989 said:
AV8R said:
Each board manually.

I too use that method.
Apparently, that's a popular method.

Either that, or two other people didn't know about the button either... :oops:
It depends if I'm at work or at home. At home I like to browse the topics and take my time. At work I use the the button.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Always use the button. No need to browse stuff I've already read... That is of course unless I'm wanting to reference or post to a specific thread that I had read before but has no recent posts. Then I'll go looking for it.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
USMC - Retired said:
Always use the button. No need to browse stuff I've already read... That is of course unless I'm wanting to reference or post to a specific thread that I had read before but has no recent posts. Then I'll go looking for it.
That's what I do.

Others: Found the button yet? :lol:

·
68,972 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
USMC - Retired said:
That's what I do.

Others: Found the button yet? :lol:
Yes. What a handy way to use the site! :D Now I have to change my vote, above. BUT, how do you get rid of all the hundreds of OLD ones that show up as marked unread?

·
68,972 Posts
I figured it out. I went back through each forum and clicked "mark all posts read." Now I know why everybody responds only to the new posts . . .

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
I figured it out. I went back through each forum and clicked "mark all posts read." Now I know why everybody responds only to the new posts . . .
Also, for future reference. There's a "mark all posts read" button at the bottom of the forum homepage (Above "Who's Online" and below the Technical Support forum). :righton:

What did it matter for you anyway? You respond to EVERY post MULTIPLE times. :p :lol: :D

·
68,972 Posts
Well, this morning when I clicked the same button, it again displayed hundreds of old posts.

#-o

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Well, this morning when I clicked the same button, it again displayed hundreds of old posts.

#-o
Weird. Only shows new posts for me. I'll get signed out sometimes and still think I'm signed in. Then hundred or so show up for me. Are you sure you're clicking on the "View unread posts" button instead of View your posts or View unanswered posts?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
It seems to be working now . . . shrug.
You have to be logged in. Otherwise it show all the posts you haven't read on that computer.
It works off cookies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts