how do you do the perfect art of bump firing

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jason1, Jun 25, 2007.

1. jason1

jason1 New Member

I was looking at this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVfwFP_R ... ed&search= and the guy that is shooting a AR15 was using the rubberband method to engage full-auto with a semi-auto.It looks pretty cool if you can do it right,How do you bump fire on your shoulder because it doesn't look like he's pulling the trigger for each shot on the video.I have not learned how to bump fire at all so can someone tell me the method of doing it.Do you pull the trigger as fast as you can when you are pulling the rifle forward or what.
    I just like adding cool shooting video here for you guys :lol: :lol:

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

3. jason1

jason1 New Member

Is their any way I can bump fire a 10/22 Ruger using this method.I just would like to save money on ammo and do it the cheap way with a 22 rifle.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

No idea. I'm sure the methods are fairly close. You can always just experiment with the AK method above. What are the magazine capacities on those Rugers? Isn't it about 10 or so. And can you get higher cap mags? 10 would go by too fast. :(

5. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "Member"

you can probably bump fire a 10/22, but i havent tried it. its got such a short trigger pull, it might feel completely different than, say, an AK.

and oh yes you can get bigger mags than the puny 10 round Ruger ones. i've got 25 rounders and a 50. but the 50 doesnt work well past 40 rounds or so, but its a cheap mag. butler creek steel lips mags work great and never jam, and there are more alum mags that are good too.

i still need to perfect the bump fire on my ak's :oops:

6. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

I have never been able to bump fire my 10/22, the recoil is just not enough to move the rifle far enough past the reset point.

I never really need to though, i can fire almost that fast with my little ol finger. Got in trouble for it to at 6/16 :(

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I don't have enough ammo money right now to practice. I've still gotta sight in the AK. Not that accuracy matters when you bump fire. 8)

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

And the 10 seconds of wild-man chow-yun fat immitation.

:p

btw nawg, you got to do something about that ak of your's. She's been sending me provocative tm's and pictures of herself. I'm going to start having dreams about her at night if she doesn't stop that nonsense. :D