How do I ship my gun to california?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Marine6212, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

In september I will be going to Kommifornia, I will be flying(THE WIFE) does not want me to take my gun with me. I will be driving back in a U-Haul. Can I mail my gun to myself in california? We have several freinds and family out there and I could just address the package to myself out there.

Thanks,
    Marine6212

2. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Taking it with you would be a LOT less hassle (in my opinion) than shipping it....

What is her reasoning for her not wanting you to take it with you??? She knows it's in your checked bag right?

3. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

She is one of the ani-gunners!! :oops: she thinks I will go to jail for taking it with me.

Semperfi,
    Marine6212

4. Archangel

I take my gun to California all the time. As long as you don't have a gun that is banned in California, and your don't have a magazine of over 10 rounds you should be ok. What are you bringing?

Checking in at Hartsfield can be a pain, but other than that it's EZ.

So it's more logical for her to jeopardize your personal safety by making you drive unarmed from California to Georgia?

:sly:

:screwy:

5. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

I will be taking my springfield .40 or .45! I was going to buy ammo out there when I got ready to drive back.

Semperfi,
    Marine6212

6. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Search here to see if your particular model is listed: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

7. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

Jus tell her the Marine's issued you a weapon, and not a wife! :lol:

8. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

Don't CA's bans only apply to weapons bought in CA?

9. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Or brought in to CA with the intent to sell it. But yes, I believe you are correct, but I wouldn't want to have to prove I brought it in legally from out of state and that I'm not intending to sell it. This is California we're talking about here, I'm not confident their LEO will not freak out if there's a gun not on the list.

10. Archangel

I actually called the AG's office when I first started going out there in 2007 and confirmed my Kel-Tec was ok to bring.

Brought the least expensive but still reliable gun I had just in case....

11. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

you can take your ammo on the plane too....

12. Archangel

In your checked bag. Check the TSA website for details.