How and Where to carry spare mag(s)?

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by BourneEBR, Dec 16, 2010.

1. BourneEBR

BourneEBR New Member

Where do you guys put your spare mag(s)? in a pouch (what kind of pouch?) on belt? loose in the pocket? none at all?

2. OverTork

OverTork New Member

In a belt loop pouch on my support side. It's got a flap over it that buckles. I don't bother to conceal it, as you can't tell what's inside. Looks like a flashlight pouch or something.

3. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

4. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Generally a cheapo Uncle Mike's plastic clip on single mag carrier. It's fast to use and holds my mag securely. I have several other mag carriers, but this is the one I use most because it's easy on/off and does the job.

I have also carried a spare 1911 mag in my back pocket in the past. Harder to do with my G19 mags without breaking my butt when I sit. :lol:

5. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

I carry one spare 1911 mag in an open topped pouch on my weak side. I keep the mag positioned so that if I have to reload, the mag comes out of the pouch in the correct orientation.

6. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

With my M&P I carry one mag at about 10:30 in a Comp-Tac pouch and with my 1911 I carry them in the same area except with two mags in Blackhawk pouches.

7. Lomcevak Duck

Lomcevak Duck Active Member

I carry a Glock 19 and carry one spare mag in my weak side front pocket.

8. BourneEBR

BourneEBR New Member

so when it comes to having a weapons permit, its not a big deal to try to conceal an extra mag? sorry if the questions seem kinda dumb, im new in being in a state where being an armed citizen is the "norm"

9. dcannon1

dcannon1 New Member

Are you asking if you're allowed to only have a certain amount of ammo when carrying in GA? If so, no, there is no limit on magazine capacity nor extra magazines.

10. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

My spare mag for my Ruger SR9c sits on my support side in a Comp-Tac mag holder.

11. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

If your cover garment will conceal your firearm, it shouldn't be a problem to cover your extra mag(s). I believe several manufactures make IWB mag holders if concealment is your concern.

12. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Depends on what I'm wearing but generally speaking if I wear a belt then I carry a spare mag in a mag pouch on my support side. In the summer mouths I wear shorts with cargo pockets and stuff an extra mag in a pocket on my support side sometimes along with a flashlight.

13. BourneEBR

BourneEBR New Member

yea, i just put money down on a two tone Ruger SR9c at Adventure Outdoors...cant wait till next week when i pay it off!

14. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Two spare 17-rnd mags in my front jeans pocket opposite my pistol. Wallet in same pocket to the outside of them to conceal their outline. Course, if someone looks real close when I take out my wallet to pay for something they might do a double-take. :)

15. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

Dude.....that's alot to keep in front pocket of jeans. It has to be unconfortable.

16. Rhodes

Rhodes New Member

I carry a mag on the opposite side from my firearm in a G&G mag holder with paddle. Easy on, easy off and excellent adjustable retention. I also have a Comptac mag holder, but it is currently on loan to a friend.
    I sometimes pocket carry a mag in a Desantis mag packer, which I really like.

17. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Welcome to freedom!

(BTW, no permit is needed to carry ammo or mags, either OC or CC)

18. JMan

JMan New Member

I carry spare in right front pocket and sometimes another at my knee pocket .

19. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I carry a spare mag for either the Kahr PM9 or 1911 in my left cargo pocket. Easy to carry as they're both single stack.

Also carry my Fenix LD10 in the same pocket, but clipped on.

20. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

I always carry two additional mags, usually in a leather, ( sometimes polymer ) open top mag pouch on my belt. ( Get your self a good rigid leather gun belt and not some commercial belt. Believe me, it makes a difference! ) The mag pouch sits just above the right rear pocket on my jeans.

I also normally carry a BUG/'NY Reload' :wink: on my support side and have at least one reload for it, too.