Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
The owner told investigators that the three robbers came in the store and were tying up his wife when he pulled a handgun and shotgun and opened fire on them.
:sly: Personally I'm not sure I could manage a pistol and shotgun.

Score 1 for the good guys :righton:

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
dcannon1 said:
The owner told investigators that the three robbers came in the store and were tying up his wife when he pulled a handgun and shotgun and opened fire on them.

Two of the robbers, a male and a female, barged inside the shop and pretended to be patrons. Afterward, a third robber came inside the shop and began the ordeal, according to a previous investigation. The first thing they did was bind the owner's wife.

Police say that as one of the robbers began to heave the owner’s wife into the rear of the jewelry store, the owner grabbed his own gun and fired at that robber. He then ducked behind the counter, grabbed another gun he already had (a shotgun) and opened fire at the other two robbers with it.

The owner, too, was shot just as one of the robbers shot back. He was transported to a hospital, where his condition has been listed as “fair.†He was hit in the stomach and in the shoulder; nevertheless, he survived, but has been required to undergo surgery for his wounds

http://www.examiner.com/violent-crime-i ... ing-holdup.
Damn, abdominal GSW. I hope he makes it.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
dcannon1 said:

Don't you mean 3? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Awesome story, talk about being prepared. I don't think there are too many stores anymore where they have a shotgun under the counter.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't work in a convenience or jewelry store unless I owned it. We all can see that the economy is in the crapper and the low-lifes are being turned out from the assembly line at record pace. Given the two, the chances of being shot and killed are way too high nowadays to take chances. And If I were the proprietor/owner of such a business, I would not only be armed, I'd wear a ballistic vest. Every day. Especially if I ran such a business in a large metro market. Hell, I'm seriously deliberating over whether to invest in some armor to have for a "worst-case" scenario and I don't even operate in a high-risk environment.

This poor fella could be much better off if he wore some protection across his chest.

·
Registered
504 Posts
This is not a friendly hood, living in Houston for while, I can attest. Good on the shop owner.

One would think criminals would slowly figure it out... we don't retreat or run, we shoot back.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
This can't be true.
Civilians can't effectively use guns against armed robbers.
After all, mere civilians are not TRAINED. They're not cops and should not play cops and robbers on our streets.
(I'm paraphrasing the argument of an anti-gun politician I heard speak recently. An intelligent person who is also an attorney.)

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Can't be possible, citizens cannot use firearms effectively against robbers because they are not highly trained. :shattered: Just kidding.

Just another score for the good guys. +3 :righton:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts