Houston shooting suspect arrested.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by NTA, Jan 6, 2019.

1. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. Darklock

Darklock Active Member

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

4. Malum Prohibitum

But they believe the attack was racially motivated because he could see them, had no other reason to strike and may have been emboldened by “the racial climate of the nation,” Merritt said.

“This was an unprovoked shooting,” he said.​

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-jazmine-houston-shooting-20190105-story.html

"racial climate of the nation" means the election of Trump, don't you know?

5. Malum Prohibitum

Not sure about the accuracy of that. That name is not the same. The picture looks nothing like Eric Black Jr. in the booking photo. I am going to call BS.

In addition, the confession appears to include a "mistaken identity" shooting. They thought the car was carrying somebody else. That is not coming from the mother, but one of the arrestees.

6. diamondback

diamondback Well-Known Member

Some "groups" like to riot so i am glad no rioting came of this. I realize mistakes happen. Now at first i heard it was just the one daughter who said red truck and white guy, other sources say the mother said it. Seems the news cycle died down when seen that it was black on black crime. So i guess it is like the old saying of when a man bites a dog its news because its rate ( white guy just walks up to a car with blacks and opens fire) yet as often as dogs bite man ( black on black crime) there is nothing to see.

If a white family had this occur and wrongly said it was a black perp i am sure we would still be hearing about it.

7. Malum Prohibitum

8. Malum Prohibitum

Black reportedly told investigators he and another person were at a club last Saturday night and they got into some sort of argument. Later that morning, Black said he and the friend, identified by him as Larry W., saw a vehicle that looked similar to the one involved in the earlier dispute and they fired shots into the car.

Black said they didn't realize it was the wrong car and didn't know they had killed a child until they saw it on the news the next day.
    https://www.khou.com/article/news/c...tity-shooting-of-jazmine-barnes/285-626756963

The tip that lead to the arrest of Eric Black came through Shaun King.

9. diamondback

10. Malum Prohibitum

Eric Black Jr.

This case all but disappeared from the news. If you put his name into your favorite search engine, all that comes up is stories from Jan 6-7, two weeks ago.

11. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

What puzzled me was the video of the lady / driver who was shot while in the hospital. She was yelling at the TV reporters "you owe me".

12. diamondback

I wonder if obama had a son if he would look like this?
    There is a double standard on how we judge people. Had he been white it would still be on the news.

I dont recall that part. Owe her for what? I recall a "lady" who had like 15 kids was on TV talking about "someone has to pay for all my kids" and i am thinking......well i would draw a ban if i said exactly what i was thinking

13. Malum Prohibitum

That first quote is made to look like I asked the the question about Obama's son. That is not in my quoted post.

But I agree, the racial aspect is the only thing that made it newsworthy. A racist white man shooting and killing black children would be 24/7 cable news coverage. Now it is just black on black crime, and no news organization seems to care about it.

14. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

So that makes them the racists. They don't care about the deaths of black kids.

Nemo

15. diamondback

its like black lives matter. You would protest in chicago and major cities or outside abortion clinics, but its almost like black lives matter only when killed by white cops. One good thing about this is I think that some who did not realize it see that the coverage changed as soon as it was not a white guy shooting a black kid.

16. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Still don't think the big search engines censor everything they don't like? Big news agencies?

17. Malum Prohibitum

Your question supposes that I have ever thought something that you are inquiring into whether I am still thinking, implying that I am still thinking it but should now doubt it? :lol:

I think that search engines censoring and news media being essentially propaganda is pretty old news around here.

18. Malum Prohibitum

But I am not so sure this case has disappeared because the search engines censor the results. I think there are not any new results to be found. All the reporting media dropped this story like a hot potato once it became clear that is was black on black crime.

Black on black crime doesn't count, if you are a reporter. I think that must be the title of a first year class at journalism school.

NTA likes this.