Houston County - very fast

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by gtmatt, Jun 2, 2007.

1. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

Hi all. I've been lurking and reading the board for a few weeks. Thought I'd give an update on Houston County (already submitted info on the application process and the county info has been updated).

I applied on May 25 and got my license today, June 2. The issue date is May 31, so taking into account the Memorial Day holiday, it only took 4 days to get approved!! It was mailed yesterday and came with a copy of code sections 16-11-126 and 16-11-128.

Matt

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Holy jeebus!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Congratulations. What kinda weapons do you have and what do you plan on carrying?

3. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

Haha...well, a Remington 1100. :)

No handgun yet. I am entirely inexperienced at this point, having only shot a .22 once before. I've got several folks at work who are shooters, so I'm hoping to get some training and help picking something out from them. Just from reading stuff and looking at prices, I'm thinking a S&W M&P .40 full-size or compact. I'd probably lean towards compact, as my wife at this point is very uncomfortable with the idea of me carrying (we have two young children). So if I was going to do it at some point she'd be happier with it concealed. It will probably take a while for me to get comfortable even carrying myself, so maybe she'll warm up to the idea over time.

Matt

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well, awesome. You've gotta start somewhere and here is a good place to start. I have a Glock 23 (.40 cal) and I just bought an AK-47 today. So, I'm trying to build up my collection a little bit at a time. Now, hopefully I'll win something in the FNRA raffle.

Details here:

I'm not sure if there are any tickets left or not.

Here

5. merlock

merlock New Member

Houston Co. rocks...:righton: 8) :D

6. Guest

Guest Guest

How are you carrying your Glock 23? I have one and I am having a hard time finding the right holster. I have several that I have tried. I have an OWB Blackhawk Serpa that I like when I can wear a jacket or a vest. I just ordered a High Noon Tailgate IWB Holster for my Glock off of ebay. I'll post my opinions on it once I get it. They guy said he tried to use it a couple of times - but didn't like it. I have heard others say they love them. Right now I just mainly carry the new Kel-Tec PF9. Works great pocket carry. It shoots ok - there are things I don't like about it - like the trigger travel. But over all a decent and reliable gun for the money. Thanks.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yep, the problem must be the FBI, just as the Court of Appeals supposes.

:roll:

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

He has the Infidel Holster by Comp-Tac

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yep, and I love it. :righton: The reason why I got the IWB holster is because I'm in Florida until the end of July and open carry is illegal. I've got the black leather belt loop snaps on that Infidel, by the way. Comfortable and conceals well.