Houston County - Received in 9 days

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by airplanemech, Jan 31, 2018.

1. airplanemech

airplanemech New Member

I started my application online (link provided on their website)
    https://www.houstoncountyga.org/government/firearms-license.cms

I arrived around 10am January 22, 2018 with my conformation number from the online application and payment of $74.75. The lady was very polite, she printed my application and I finished the remaining questions on the application. She took my picture and sent me across the hall to the sheriff's office for fingerprinting. I was in and out in about 30 minutes.

I received my license in the mail today, Jan 31, 2018

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Welcome aboard. Good to hear another county is acting professionally and in compliance with State law.

3. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

This. This is the way All counties should strive for.

4. DKW

DKW Active Member

I too live in Houston County. I have to renew later this year and started looking on the county website and saw this link also. I questioned it because looking at the URL, it doesn't have a .org or .gov address. I also wondered if other counties use it also.

What purpose does the linked website do? Where does the data go? it obviously doesn't have all GA counties in it and I don't want to just give this info to anyone. Is this run by some company that these county contract with or what. even though it is linked on the county webpage, just seemed sort of fishy to me.

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

He's been aboard for almost 5 years. Applying for his GWL broke him out of his lurking status! :mrgreen:

6. airplanemech

airplanemech New Member

I've actually been aboard much more than 5 years. My account disappeared once, probably due to not using it and my post count went back to zero when I signed back up in 2013. My previous GWL was issued in Bleckley county and had expired.

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Russians.........

airplanemech likes this.
  8. DKW

DKW Active Member

Got my renewal in 8 days here in Houston County. Went to probate office on Wednesday 31st May and got it on today.

Actually tried to go on the 30th but got there at 4:15. For some dumb reason they don't do new or renewals after 4p even though they don't close till 5p. So I am the only customer in there and they still won't process my renewal so I came back the next day. Took about 10-15 minutes and I was out of there.

Other than having to go back a second day because of stupid rules, no problems

9. OneManWolfPack

OneManWolfPack New Member

Applied on August 1st. Recieved today, August 15th.

10. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Nice going. And welcome aboard the forum (whoever is new!).