Houston County: Applied 1 Oct, Rec'd 19 Oct.

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Lifer, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Lifer

Lifer New Member

Awesome! Hoco rocks when it comes to most things actually! Everyone I encountered during the process was professional and actually had a sense of humor if you can believe that. Honestly, I wasn't surprised that it was done so quickly. :D

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Awesome! Enjoy carrying!

3. merlock

merlock Active Member

LOL, Judge Spires must be slowing down. :eek:

Still a good turn-around time. And, :welcome: to GPDO

4. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Congrats, that’s the 3-4th fast I've heard about.

Remember to check out GCO... you have even more of an interest to now.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

These sort of reports always makes one wonder what is going on in the more populous counties, since the blame is always cast elsewhere than upon themselves.

6. moga

moga New Member

:gotmail:

Congratulations!

7. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I guess they are just doing more through searches. :roll: They wouldn't want to commit a gross dereliction of duty by following the text of the law, now would they. :roll: :evil:

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I am sure that must be it . . . except that they are not the ones who do the searches, are they? :sly:

9. Lomcevak Duck

Lomcevak Duck Active Member

Glad to hear it won't take me long to get it done here in Houston county. I just moved here from Alabama and the long wait periods I've read about are rediculous. In Alabama I paid $20 and got my CCW in six days. After the first time it was just a matter of bringing the $20 fee to the Sheriff's office and they'd print you a new one while you waited.

On a similar note, do I need to have a Houston county driver's license before I apply for GFL, and is my Alabama permit still valid until expiration date, or is it invalid as of my address change?

10. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

$20 for an Alabama license but you have to get a new one every year so that is $100 for five years so the GFL is actually cheaper. Your Alabama license is probably still good in Alabama and other states until expiration, but you need to look the law up, I do not know for certain.

BUT once you become a GA resident you have to have a GFL, you can't carry with an out of state license.

You do not even need a driver's license to apply for the GFL if you have other proof of residency. If you choose to use your driver's license for proof of residency you should get it with a Houston County address.