Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen a lot about hospital carry here on the forums, but I can't see the answer to this question anywhere (sorry if it is answered already somewhere else):

If I am carrying concealed, and I get hit my a car in the sidewalk, or suddenly drop from a heart attack, or am knocked unconscious for instance.... What happens to my firearm? Is there a paramedic procedure to secure it? Do they freak out upon it's discovery and call the police because clearly they lucked out and found a criminal? Does the hospital call the police and have my gun confiscated? How would I get it back?

I know that's more than 1 question but the crux of it is how do paramedics and hospitals deal with that situation?

Thanks all

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,102 Posts
I've read a few police reports where the victim's gun was held for safekeeping by the cops,
or first by the EMT's who then turned it over to the cops when the cops got there.
If you are conscious and able to speak, make sure they know you have a permit, and were carrying a gun, and you'll expect to pick it up at the police station later. That way nobody will think it's OK to steal your gun because you were carrying it illegally and won't report it as stolen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts