Homeowners Say Police Destroyed Their Property

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Sharky, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Something about this doesnt make much sense.

Homeowners Say Police Destroyed Their Property
    POSTED: 4:51 pm EDT September 27, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:52 pm EDT September 27, 2006

ATLANTA -- A homeowner in South Fulton County says police caused $3,000 worth of damage to his home – searching for less than $1,000 worth of stolen items. The homeowner says police didn’t find anything stolen in their search. Police tell Channel 2 they can’t find a record of the search!

There have been break-ins and burglaries on Commonwood Place. A neighbor said one of the teenagers in a home nearby was behind at least one – and police conducted a search.

Doors and door frames are splintered and nerves are shattered.

“This whole door was off the frame,†explained homeowner Jesse Mitchell. “They said in a violent way, ‘Open this **** door!’ My wife said, ‘Give me just a minute, I’m gonna get the key,’ and they said ‘If you don’t open it up, I’m gonna bust this door in.â€

Jesse Mitchell was at work at the time. He said a neighbor had accused his son of burglarizing her house and police had a warrant to look for three pairs of stolen shoes, some clothing, a DVD player and a Playstation. Police raided the house in force.

“You had four (of them) came around back with ski masks. You had two or three out front with guns drawn,†said Jesse.

“They came in and the guy he was like, pointing a gun like this and like get up and I’m like woah, wait a minute,†explained Jesse’s son Ronald Byrd.

The family said police pried doors off hinges, broke open furniture, snapped off the alarm system, scratched up the car and ended up taking three of her son’s shirts.

“My mom was like, ‘Can I see your search warrant?’ and he was like, ‘Yes, you can see it after we’re done,†said Ronald.

We called Fulton County Police for comment and they said there was no record of the search in their computer system.

Copyright 2006 by WSBTV.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Hey, the officers just want to make it home at the end of their shift.

If the home owners had done nothing wrong they should have nothing to hide.

Etc...etc...etc...

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member