Homeowner called 911 to report a carjacking. He wound up getting shot by police.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by huntergregory_1, Aug 29, 2016.

1. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

do not have a gun in your hand when the police arrive. hope this man makes a full recovery, eh?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I do not mean to be contradictory just for the purpose of being factious, but that excuse would never work for non-LEO shootings.

3. Malum Prohibitum

4. Malum Prohibitum

Apparently a bullet was the first warning he had that the police had arrived.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2016/08/26/homeowner-shot-impd-out-hospital/89402030/

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Welcome to America! Where the cops can do things we can't do because they have a shiny badge, a costume, and this BS idea called authority and immunity.

6. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

Took me a minute to realize what your point was (and I agree), but I would much rather "not get shot" or at least minimize the chances of a mistake.

7. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Well, they did something.

[/sarcasm]

The first thing I'm looking for is the agency's published use of force policies.

8. phaed

phaed Active Member

there are situations where this would create unnecessary risk to yourself. for instance, when you've shot the BG, but he's still alive, so there's a continued need to keep him covered.

the root problem here is that people are forced to call police in these situations. absent that requirement, there is no problem.

9. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Who is organizing the riots? Hoosier Lives Matter?