Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
codegeek reincarnate
901 Posts
do not have a gun in your hand when the police arrive. hope this man makes a full recovery, eh?

·
69,784 Posts
do not have a gun in your hand when the police arrive. hope this man makes a full recovery, eh?
I do not mean to be contradictory just for the purpose of being factious, but that excuse would never work for non-LEO shootings.

·
69,784 Posts
it's unclear whether williams matched the description of the carjacker, whether he confronted the officers or whether the officers told him to drop his weapon. Taylor and maj. Richard riddle said at the news conference that authorities were not yet certain whether the officer gave williams any such orders, according to the indianapolis star. In the dispatch audio, no conversation can be heard between williams and the officers.

·
69,784 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Welcome to America! Where the cops can do things we can't do because they have a shiny badge, a costume, and this BS idea called authority and immunity.

·
codegeek reincarnate
901 Posts
I do not mean to be contradictory just for the purpose of being factious, but that excuse would never work for non-LEO shootings.
Took me a minute to realize what your point was (and I agree), but I would much rather "not get shot" or at least minimize the chances of a mistake.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
there are situations where this would create unnecessary risk to yourself. for instance, when you've shot the BG, but he's still alive, so there's a continued need to keep him covered.

the root problem here is that people are forced to call police in these situations. absent that requirement, there is no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.