Homelessness

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by BigKeenan, Jun 3, 2016.

1. BigKeenan

BigKeenan New Member

Ok I live in Fulton county, and I am about to apply for my GWL. But because of the size I Fulton county, the wait to actually receive the license is about 60 days. If I were to go to a smaller county to apply and tell them that I am homeless (which I am not) would they allow me to apply in that county? My drivers license says Fulton county also.

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

If you're "homeless", where will they mail your license?

3. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

You do realize you are contemplating fraud, which is a crime... right?

4. CoffeeMate

Also, how would you substantiate your claim of being a resident of the county?

If you're a resident of County-A, then the Probate Judge of County-B is not authorized by the State to issue you a permit out of County-B.

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

My sincerity? Overwhelming charm? A C-note perhaps? :righton:

6. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

The GWL application contains a 'sworn' oath from you that the information you are submitting to this government agency is true.
    If you lie on it, you'l be committing two felonies.
    O.C.G.A. 16-10-20 (false statements to a government agency)
    and O.C.G.A. 16-10-20 (false swearing, outside of court)
    Each is felony that carries up to a 5-year prison term.
    As you should know, any felony carries an automatic loss of all gun rights, for both federal and state legal systems.

7. CoffeeMate

So... wait up to 60 days or wait up to 10 years and then never.

:-k

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

For life.

9. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Just deal with it. Call EVERY day and ask about progress. Remind them when they are out of compliance with the law. File Open Records Act requests regarding your application. After a while, they will pull yours out and send it to you just to shut you up.

10. MouserGun

MouserGun New Member

If we went back to the # of counties GA had in 1835, Fulton would not exist

11. BigKeenan

BigKeenan New Member

I definetly didn't know that

12. BigKeenan

BigKeenan New Member

Just a thought. I wish there was some kinda loophole, but I'll wait the 60 days.

13. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

And, wouldn't the license itself be invalid? Meaning that carrying would also be a crime?

14. CoffeeMate

Sure, but a permit issued in 1835 will have expired in 1840, which doesn't help him in 2016. I also do not believe we had a permitting system in place back then either.

15. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

The 1840s, when a court had PRINCIPLES.

https://www.georgiapacking.org/caselaw/nunnvstate.htm

16. CoffeeMate

...paging Gov. Deal... now paging Gov. Deal...

17. CoffeeMate

If we were talking cell phones instead of self-defense, would anyone not think there were at least First, Fourth and Fifth Amendments issues if it were a crime to have them at certain times or in certain places, or they were arbitrarily confiscated, or you were arrested, charged, fined, etc for accidentally having one in your possession?

And cell phones aren't even specifically mentioned in the Constitution or Bill of Rights. Arms are.

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That case said that there was no right to carry "secretly," or concealed, as we would call it today, but only openly. I just wanted to make sure you did not miss the point of that case.

So the principle was that concealed carry may be banned entirely without offending the constitution.

Note also that the Justices were remarking upon two things, natural rights and constitutional rights (see the first sentence quoted). All emphases by italics are quoted as they are in the original.

19. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

Yes. But, I still see it as a principled argument based on founding ideas, not like today's judges redefining words and splitting hairs and inventing "arguable probable cause" phrases because "gun!"

20. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Unless of course you go 5 years thereafter, commit no crimes and petition for a pardon. It has been done.