Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have some windows replaced. Which company is more affordable - Andersen, Champion?

Or would you recommend some other company?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can tell you who not to call, Renewal by Andersen, that is 2 hours of my life I will never get back. They only wanted 75k to replace 27 windows, but if I signed right then they would knock 10k off. This was about 4 or 5 years ago, still have not replaced our windows but it is next on the major project list.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,043 Posts
Dayum, I'm going into the window business. $2775 for each window. Hail I can sub that out $1K each and make a fortune.

Nemo

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I sat through an Anderson presentation as well a few years back. Wanted nearly 20k for 13 windows. Granted they were extremely tough windows with lifetime warranties and very well insulated. But I laughed and then told the guy he was selling a Ferrari and I was shopping for a Honda.

Made the mistake of letting them quote a couple of French doors to replace my sliding glass patio doors a few months ago. They quoted $12000. I didn't even respond.

I still need new windows so I'm following for recommendations as well.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I need to have some windows replaced. Which company is more affordable - Andersen, Champion?

Or would you recommend some other company?
Is this the same house that needs the old cloth wrapped wiring replaced? Let's ask this guy again. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
We had all of our windows replaced about 15 years ago. We used Window World of N. GA. I think they are in Duluth, or Norcross, or somewhere up that way (I'm in S. Metro Atlanta). They were $189/ window and I think they are still pretty close to that. That price covered most sizes of double pane, double hung windows. There were options that coughs be added of course. They've held up great and we've had no issues at all with them. Several neighbors used them after we had ours replaced and none have had any problems from the windows. We, along with each of at least 4 neighbors, had them replace all of the windows in our houses. We have 22 windows.

In our previous house, the builder had installed double pane windows. I don't know what brand, but within 5 years, half of them had condensation and fogged up in between the panes due to failed seals.

·
PITA
326 Posts
We had all of our windows replaced about 15 years ago. We used Window World of N. GA. I think they are in Duluth, or Norcross, or somewhere up that way (I'm in S. Metro Atlanta). They were $189/ window and I think they are still pretty close to that. That price covered most sizes of double pane, double hung windows. There were options that coughs be added of course. They've held up great and we've had no issues at all with them. Several neighbors used them after we had ours replaced and none have had any problems from the windows. We, along with each of at least 4 neighbors, had them replace all of the windows in our houses. We have 22 windows.

In our previous house, the builder had installed double pane windows. I don't know what brand, but within 5 years, half of them had condensation and fogged up in between the panes due to failed seals.
I did a search for that name, and didn't find anything. Could they be this business?: Window World of Atlanta | Replacement Windows Atlanta | Vinyl Windows

Or this place?: Window & Door Replacement Located in Atlanta

Or, do you have a link for the business that you used?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What was the labor charge, and were they vinyl windows? I may want to upgrade to aluminum for their extra strength.

QUOTE="awanatech, post: 3054371, member: 73411"]

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I did a search for that name, and didn't find anything. Could they be this business?: Window World of Atlanta | Replacement Windows Atlanta | Vinyl Windows

Or this place?: Window & Door Replacement Located in Atlanta

Or, do you have a link for the business that you used?

This is the company. I may have been wrong about it being N. GA. I remember that they serviced most N GA though.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What was the labor charge, and were they vinyl windows? I may want to upgrade to aluminum for their extra strength.

QUOTE="awanatech, post: 3054371, member: 73411"]

[/QUOTE]It was $189/ window, total price, installed. That covered parts and labor.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
It was $189/ window, total price, installed. That covered parts and labor.
[/QUOTE]

What type of windows did you have replaced? I've been told my metal frame windows will have an up charge for removal, but that was by the Anderson folks.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What type of windows did you have replaced? I've been told my metal frame windows will have an up charge for removal, but that was by the Anderson folks.
[/QUOTE]

They were wooden, single pane, double hung windows. The house was built in 1991, we bought it in 2000.

There was no charge for them to haul off & dispose of the old ones. There were no hidden, surprise costs. We did have a couple of windows that costed more. The window near the bath tub, since it had to be safety glass near the tub. There were some options that could be added, like low-E coating, grids between the panes, etc. But we are still quite pleased with the basic windows that we had installed. The windows all tilt in for cleaning. All of them still operate smoothly (open, close & tilt). We've had no issues with fogging or condensation. I'm sure that more expensive windows may have more features or different appearance, but for us, these were a great upgrade over the wooden, single panes that we had. They made a huge difference in noise level from outside noise & significant heating/ cooling improvement.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I may want to get fiberglass windows due to their strength, non-warping, and better sealing vs. vinyl and wood.

What company carries a good fiberglass window without charging an arm and a leg?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thinking about Pella Impervia, with Lowes as the vendor and installer. Opinions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts