Home Range?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by flyin929, Dec 30, 2006.

1. flyin929

flyin929 New Member

I am considering purchasing a new home, in the basement there is a room approx. 25' x 10' 3/4 enclosed with about a 1.5' poured concrete wall. Anybody have any ideas as to cost? material?
    It may be a really dumb idea, but what the hell, thought I'd ask.
    Bob

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Seems to me I ran across a similar thread in another forum. After figuring out all the materials to try and make the basement safe, in particular the flooring above you and the impact area, the person dropped the idea.

I'm not sure I would risk it, especially having family in the house. I lean toward ultra-conservative when it comes to firing a gun in my home for practice...I just can't bring myself to risk it. If I didn't have family, and it was just me, then I'd probably consider it. But I've got to believe that it's cost prohibitive.

What kind of materials would you use to make it safe? Steel plate? More concrete? Maybe check out your local range to get an idea of how it's constructed. That would be a good start.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Unless you are out in the country I would think that it is a no-go.

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Think green gas or pellet gun. Then you won't need all that expensive equipment.