Home invasion

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Family Terrorized During Home Invasion
    POSTED: 9:48 am EDT March 28, 2007
    UPDATED: 9:57 am EDT March 28, 2007

SNELLVILLE, Ga. -- A Gwinnett family survived a brutal attack Sunday night during a home invasion robbery.

WSB-TV Channel 2 Action News has learned two males kicked in the door of a home off Highway 124.

The robbers held the husband and wife and their one-year old child at gunpoint.

They stole the couple's wedding rings and other items; escaping in the victims' car.

At one point the gunmen discussed killing the couple because they had seen the robbers' faces. Instead, they pistol-whipped the husband. He was taken to the hospital for treatment.

The victims' home is for sale and they believe the gunmen checked out the house during a recent open house.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

This is why I pocket carry around my house. My little Kel Tec may be small and chambered in .380, but it will at least give me a fighting chance to get to the 870 or the MAK-90. I am sure that if I use an MAK to defend my home during a home invasion with mulitple assailants I will also have to defend myself in court.

3. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

if im at home im usually carrying is im usually going in and out of the house...if i am home and just laying around i usually have my pistol in the same room with me....(i have a baby on the way so some things will ahve to change) im in a more rural area and my bird dogs will bark if someone is outside but you never know.

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I have three year old so I must have mine on me at all times around the house. The others are put away out of his reach. Although I don't trust it fully yet, the little Kel Tec makes it convient to carry at home.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That must have been a tense couple of minutes. I wonder whether this family would think luke0927 and Doc Holliday are "paranoid."

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Well it is my parnoia that I hope keeps me and my family alive.

7. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I'm home with a sick child, just a couple of miles from where this took place. The door is locked. Am I paranoid or just careful?

I would say careful. I don't think the world is out to get me. Its just a dangerous place.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It took me about a month an a half to train my roommates to lock the door behind them.

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Well, I don't have any kids at home anymore but I do have a Glock 19, 26 and a 23 fully loaded by my night stand. All with one in the chamber. Paranoid? Nah, Just ready to defend my self and my wife when these thugs think I'm and easy target. They probably think I am a heavy sleeper too. :eek: I had a friend of mine ask me once what can of insurance I had on my house and the first thing that pop into my head was "Glock Insurance". He thought I was kidding. I let him think that.

10. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

My mother thinks I'm crazy because when I visit I start locking all of her doors after I use them. She leaves all the doors open quite often. Even when she locks the dead bolts she leaves a key in the lock (inside of a double key dead bolt ... all of her doors are at least half glass). #-o

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Glass doors....that won't stop the zombies.... lol

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

has anyone else noticed how often zombies come up in topics one here?

Shoot I just bought my first pistol and I am already shopping for another. guess I will eventually have a nightstand gun, carry gun, some other gun with some purpose I will justify to myself, blah blah blah.

thank god I haven't started shooting shotguns or rifles yet.

my realtor warned me to expect robberies and stuff when my farm was on the market... true to her word someone stole my A/C unit

13. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Don't forget the all important copy of carry gun. What if your carry gun breaks or is stolen. You want one that fits the same holsters and has the same controls.
    Its also great if you shoot your carry gun and don't have time to clean it.

14. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

I always carry at home, inside and out. If for some reason I am not on a particular day, my .357 is no more than two feet from me. My .38 is about five feet away on a shelf. And my two Bullmastiffs are always close on the floor.

Kick away, dumbasses. :twisted:

15. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

You don't have a problem with zombies in your area?

That is exactly why clothing with guns on them (as well as alcohol or drugs) are not allowed at schools. They are all addictive and lead to destructive behaviour.

16. rajl

rajl New Member

We don't have a zombie problem where I live. There's a distinct lack of brains in my area to support the feeding habits of any sizeable Zombie population. 8)

17. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yeah, not hard to decide... live by idiots or deal with the zombies. :roll:

I'd take the zombies.

18. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

at least with zombies you know what you are getting into. idiots are too unpredictable.

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Besides....zombie can be dealt with......