Home invasion (with a twist) reported to police

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

This is scary... :shock:

http://www.macon.com/198/story/135633.html

2. larz

larz Member

:shock:

$8,000.00......I usually only have about $5,000 in cash lying around.

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

This sounds a little fishy to me...

4. Marikhal

Marikhal Guest

ROFL!

They were Blackwater guys practicing.

Haha, j/k. :p

5. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

WTF is black "military like clothing?" Cargo pants from Old Navy?

It does sound like there are too many suspicious factors in there. Dollars to donuts that if they didn't engineer it themselves, it's someone they know. Loose lips result in "random" muggings.

6. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Like large amounts of cash just, lying around the house. Sounds like someone robbed a dealer, from the surface of it.

7. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Wonder how much drugs was stolen too.

8. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Anyone wanna go halvsies on mugging larz?

(just kidding, larz -- I've seen you shoot :) )

9. larz

larz Member

Yeah....probably the safest place to be is in my doorway with me aiming at you.....maybe I should look into a good shotgun...... :oops:

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

If it's just laying around, we can go while he's at work. That way, we don't even have to worry about shooting. Also, if you have access to a portable torch, we can get in his safe :D

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I would have asked to see a warrant.

12. tace

tace New Member

So, aside from an FN Fiveseven with LEO only rounds, what other handgun would punch through a ballistic vest. I guess we are assuming level II and III?

13. VolGrad

...a head shot.

14. is that a joke?

I heard a CZ-52 will do it. Probaly just be rumor.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:rotfl:

Oh, man, I am laughing too hard to come up with a witty reply.

16. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

If im not expecting anyone and i get a knock on the door...i always have my pistol on me when i go to the door....

17. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

6 on 1, not good odds, but with a SBR'd AR, I'm sure they would be leaving quickly after the first couple guys fell.

18. larz

larz Member

Eyeing up that SIG are you budder?

19. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I don't like decockers.

20. VolGrad

Me too. One time I didn't follow this practice and regretted it. I had left the garage door open since I would be taking the dog out for last call before turning in. The "commie" and I though we heard something so I opened the doorway leading to the garage to find a woman almost fall in on me. She has pulled to the bottom of the driveway, lights blacked out & door left open, and was in my garage. She was leaning with her ear against the door to see if anyone was up/moving around. If I hadn't checked when I did she would surely have lifted anything she could easily pick up from my garage. She made some lame excuses about trying to find a friend's house, etc. I later found out from neighbors she had been caught in two other garages that night in my neighborhood and pulled the same story with them. We all filed reports with the SO. She was arrested a few weeks later as part of a burglary ring, trading whatever they could pick up for drugs.

Sort of related - A super Trooper came to do a safety talk at my child's preschool yesterday. Today a fireman will talk. As I was tucking her in last night she said the following to me, "Daddy, while you were asleep [yes, I often fall asleep during the process] I thought I heard something. When you hear something and go to the door, if you don't know who it is you are supposed to call 911. You tell them to have the policeman help you find out who it is." Not too shabby for a 3 yr old, if I do say so myself.

But then again, remember this was at a "private" school. :lol: