Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Home invasion in Alpharetta

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  ArmyJoe 
#1 ·
This happened in my neighborhood just before Thanksgiving. Since, several "anit-gun" sheep have been converted and are now taking responsibility for their own safety. Stay alert!! It can happen ANYWHERE!! :shock:

Armed men invade home
Vehicle stolen; one suspect caught

November 23, 2006
An Alpharetta man found himself confronted with two men wearing ski masks and carrying a gun not long after returning to his home Sunday afternoon, Nov. 19. One suspect has been caught, but the other remains at large.

Wadler A. Gauthier, 23, of Atlanta is in police custody.

The suspects approached the victim who lives in The Palisades community in Milton Park off North Point Parkway. They held the man at gunpoint, ordering him to the floor. They demanded the keys to his 2007 GMC Yukon valued at $57,000. One of the suspects held the gun to the victim's head, telling him he would kill him if he did not give them the keys.

The victim told the men the keys were on the kitchen counter and to take anything they wanted. One suspect took his wallet with $1,100 in cash and credit cards. The assailants also took an HP laptop worth $4,000, a digital camera, an iPod and his briefcase.

The two men took the victim to a bathroom, locking him inside by putting a barstool in front of the door. A suspect told him if he came out they would shoot him, and they might shoot through the door. The victim did his best to get behind the commode for as much protection from the threatened gunfire as he could.

After he heard the suspects leave, he forced the bathroom door and called Alpharetta Police.

Officers who heard the report of a stolen GMC Yukon spotted it entering Ga. 400, and gave chase. One suspect bailed out, apparently taking the wallet with cash and credit cards, the briefcase and laptop.

Gauthier was arrested at the scene and charged with armed robbery of a residence, auto theft and aggravated assault with a gun.

See less See more
#2 ·
Whoa!

Do you have a link? I would like to share this with my parents in the hope that they take responsibility for their own wellbeing more seriously.

Edited to add: They live not too far from NP parkway.

#4 ·
ArmyJoe said:
He is a Katrina "evacuee" :roll:
Shocking... :roll:

I have a plan on how to deal with the evacuees. However, last time we did it we ended up paying reparations to the Japanese-Americans.

Only difference is the J-As didn't deserve what happened to them.

#5 ·
Now that would be a little harsh!! :wink: These people got dislocated to cities all over the country. Houston took in many and the murder rate skyrocketed! Saw on the news last week that the New Orleans murder rate for 2006 is 8.5 TIMES the national avg. These people are just trying to earn a living.........
Seriously, most are honest folks and my heart goes out to them. Too bad the BGs have to be lumped in with the good guys.

#6 ·
ArmyJoe said:
Now that would be a little harsh!! :wink: These people got dislocated to cities all over the country. Houston took in many and the murder rate skyrocketed! Saw on the news last week that the New Orleans murder rate for 2006 is 8.5 TIMES the national avg. These people are just trying to earn a living.........
Seriously, most are honest folks and my heart goes out to them. Too bad the BGs have to be lumped in with the good guys.
Well, in their new little town in the desert with high walls and barb wire they will have the opportunity to purge their ranks of bad people before they are allowed to be released into the rest of society.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.