Home invasion (again) in Dekalb

Discussion in 'In the News' started by pro2am, Sep 7, 2006.

1. pro2am

pro2am New Member

DeKalb Home Invasion Kills 1

DeKalb detectives investigate a home invasion that cost one man his life on Thursday morning in Stone Mountain.

Reported By: Kevin Rowson
    Web Editor: Michael King
    Last Modified: 9/7/2006 8:41:10 PM

One man is dead after a home invasion in DeKalb County. Another man was chased from the home and shot by police.

It all started as a home invasion in the Mountain Oaks subdivision near Deshon and Rockbridge Road. In the only house in the neighborhood that has burglar bars on basement windows and doors.

Four heavily armed men stormed into the home, shooting and seriously wounding one of the two men in the home. That man died of his injuries at the hospital.

The other victim of the home invasion ran to a neighbor’s home and banged on the front door, screaming for the neighbor to call 911 and open the door. But before the neighbor could get to the door, the victim kicked it in -- he was being chased.

C.J. White’s front door is like Swiss cheese. White says his wife took cover in a closet, and he went for a gun. But before he could get to it, his neighbor snatched it out of his grasp.

“He grabbed it and went back to the door, firing out my door,†said White. “With my gun.â€

Fleeing the subdivision in a Dodge Magnum, DeKalb Police chased the suspects into Stone Mountain Village, where all four bailed out of the car. Two of the suspects were caught, while a third was shot by police.

“From what I understand, he mentioned, ‘shoot me, shoot me,’ and kind of charged towards the officer, at which point the officer didn’t know if he was armed or not,†said Officer Jason Gagnon of the DeKalb County Police Department.

The suspect who was shot suffered serious, but non-life threatening injuries. A fourth suspect is on the run. In the car, the suspects left behind an assault rifle and a semi-automatic handgun.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_articl ... ryid=84390

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Two of the suspects were caught, while a third was shot by police.

“From what I understand, he mentioned, ‘shoot me, shoot me,’ and kind of charged towards the officer."

"Your wish shall be granted," the officer responded.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I watched 11Alive this morning and they reported the incident, but left out the details about the neighbor having a gun in his home.

Figures.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Man did I read this correctly? He broke down his neighbors door after being chased, grabbed the neighbors gun, before the neighbor could, then started shooting out the nieghbors door at the suspects?

I'm thinking he is lucky the neighbor didnt get the gun before he did and shoot him!

What a crazy situation.....