Home Invader Shot

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?s=5921136

Sonya Dople tells 6 News she was getting ready to have dinner with her boyfriend, Charles Green, when they heard a knock on the door.

When she answered the door, Dople says two men wearing masks barged inside. They had a gun.

Dople says the men pointed the gun at her forehead and ordered her to the ground. That's when Green came around the corner. He grabbed his own gun and asked the men to leave.

When the men did not leave, he shot one in the chest.

"Pow. I heard the firecracker. It sounded like a firecracker to me off in my ear. When I looked up, they were gone," Dople says.

2. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Like the kids in MASS said in their essay, horrific people carry guns...

Updated report containing a little more info:

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?s=5921136

January 11, 2007

By SONU WASU
    6 News Reporter

LAFOLLETTE (WATE) -- A Campbell County man, accused of attempting a home invasion in LaFollette, is recovering from a gunshot wound to the chest.

Police say the homeowner, Charles Green, shot Paul Lee Bourff in self defense.

Sonya Dople tells 6 News she was getting ready to have dinner with her boyfriend, Charles Green, when they heard a knock on the door.

When she answered the door, Dople says two men wearing masks barged inside. They had a gun.

Dople says the men pointed the gun at her forehead and ordered her to the ground. That's when Green came around the corner. He grabbed his own gun and asked the men to leave.

When the men did not leave, he shot one in the chest.

"Pow. I heard the firecracker. It sounded like a firecracker to me off in my ear. When I looked up, they were gone," Dople says.

The two men fled the home. The gun they had turned out to be a BB gun but Dople says it looked like the real thing.

Police say the men ran down East Hemlock and ended up at the home of Ray Marlow, who let them in.

"One of them was breathing hard. The next one came in and took his shoes off and sat down. I was like, 'What's wrong?' He said, 'I can't tell you. I have to wait.'"

Marlow tells 6 News he recognized Bourff from work so he decided to take him to the hospital.

Police took Bourff's accomplice, Robert Wayne Evans, to jail.

Both men are charged with attempted aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary and two counts of aggravated assault.

Bourff was hospitalized at UT Medical Center. Dople says they're glad he is okay but her boyfriend shot him to protect their lives.

"We have the right to protect ourselves. If we hadn't had the gun and he hadn't done that.. It could've been us...We could've been dead today."

Police say the charges against the men could change, once the investigation is complete.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Same report, mine was just an excerpt. :lol:

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I wanna know why the guy was able to run away? :?

Sounds like Mr Green needs to spend some more time at the range and/or needs a little bit bigger gun.... I have to say that the guy must have amazing self restraint. If I came around the corner & saw some guy pointing a gun at my wife's head & she was getting down on the floor I believe about 3-4 seconds would pass by and I would have an empty clip. :evil:

5. Foul

Foul New Member

Yep. It would have been like this...

Cop: Mr. Foul, why did you shoot this man 18 times?

Foul: 'Cause I ran out of speedloaders.