Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,944 Posts
many new High Point carbines come with threaded muzzles. One of those wearing a suppressor in 45 ACP --which is always a subsonic round with full weight bullets-- would be great my idea of an affordable home defense long gun.

Reactions: Savannah Dan

· Man of Myth and Legend
19,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a C9 and 995. Got some higher capacity mags too.

Nemo

· Registered
1,932 Posts
I bought the 995. Mounted a $20 flashlight under it for home defense. It is a good fast aiming short carbine. I’ll still grab the 12 gauge first if possible.

29,944 Posts
I Think a semi auto carbine that can be fired rapidly (like four shots per second if you need to) is better than a pump action 12 gauge that only holds 5 or six rounds.

Even if the carbine is in a mediocre pistol caliber like 9 mm, 40 S&W or 45 ACP.

And even if the carbine has a straight stick magazine that is limited to either 10 or 15 rounds.

· Registered
1,932 Posts
My carbine is a pistol caliber, 9mm, on purpose. But I’d still rather have the 12 gauge. Awakened from sleep, no glasses, grab a gun = 12 gauge every time. They both sit side by side in the corner. My longest shot is 40 feet. It won’t spread but if I hit you it’ll hurt bad.

29,944 Posts
Chin Eyebrow Facial expression Mouth Font

^ WHAT HE SAID

1 - 11 of 11 Posts