Home Based FFL - Zoning

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by DawgFan706, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DawgFan706

DawgFan706 New Member

Well, after almost a month of trying to secure the business license I have still had no luck. The council is apparently looking into amending local ordinance to allow for my request, but it doesn't seem like this is going to happen quickly. I haven't heard anything from the FFL Application, but I fear that my application will be denied once they follow up since things aren't progressing on the city's front.

2. JWS

JWS New Member

Hey DawgFan706,

How is your progress going? I am about to go through the same process here in Cobb and wondering if it is even worth pursuing after reading your posts. Anyone else had any success in Cobb County?
    ☑ LLC
    ☑ EIN
    ☑ Georgia Tax ID
    ◻ Cobb Co. Business License
    ◻ FFL Application

3. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I'll give you a thumbs up just for pursuing it considering you're 118 years old. :righton:

5. DawgFan706

DawgFan706 New Member

JWS, by far the hardest part was interacting with the city. After countless emails and phone calls I finally found a lawyer to help me interact with the city. FFL arrived Monday and first firearm shipment arrived yesterday.

phantoms, mrhutch and MSgt G like this.
  6. Richall

Richall New Member

Would you be kind enough to PM me for the lawyers name. I'm in the process of similar. Just in case it runs into issues.

7. AK74U

AK74U FNH & HK Fanatic

Glad I found this thread! I got my phone call from IOI this afternoon at work. Told me I need Zoning from Clayton County to approve. But, I thought pre-emption law overruled so I didn't sweat it. I'm calling in the morning to see my fate. I'd love to retain counsel from the OP firm. Also said I need to register trade name also with Clerk of Superior Court.

8. SMW

SMW New Member

Can you provide me with the lawyer’s information? I am also in Cobb.

9. AK74U

AK74U FNH & HK Fanatic

Heard back from Clayton County, they realized their mistake and are taking action to correct their old law/ zoning practices. Thanks GPO!

Savannah Dan and phantoms like this.