Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Romans 10:13
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of holster(s) does everyone have for their firearm(s)?

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Bianchi Black Widow for OWB and an el cheapo Uncle Mikes for IWB. The others are so crappy that I do not wish to mention them.

I may try out one of Southern Holsters (member of this forum) holsters, but I am bothered by the lack of a thumb break as I carry openly with frequency.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,950 Posts
For my Glock17 I use a Ross Leather paddle for OWB, and a Comp-Tac Shirt Tucker for IWB. I also have a Fobus roto-paddle collecting dust.

For my Wather PPK/S I use a Don Hume belt slide for OWB and,,for now, a Ross Leather IWB. I'm not happy with the Ross IWB, and have a Southern Holster 'Memphis' IWB on order.

Whichever holster I use, it hangs on a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer belt in 1 1/4" with the 5 stitch and CSM options. I was amazed at the difference that a gun belt made.

·
Registered
824 Posts
http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html The Cochise will be my first non-$15 holster. I ordered it in late Jan, and they just charged my card for it this week, so hopefully it will be arriving aroundabout the same time as my GFL. I like it because it reportedly can be changed from an IWB to an OWB by moving the clips, although I obviously haven't gotten the opportunity to try that out yet. I started realizing that IWB is probably a waste of time, as the only time I don't tuck in a shirt is if I'm wearing shorts.

I've held off on buying a gun belt because I'm not finding matte black leather without crazy patterning with simple, squarish nickel/silver tone buckle. If I'm going to throw down that much on a belt, I'm going to wear the damned thing when I go out drinking too. Never know when you might need belt good for an emergency rappel!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Comp-Tac CTAC:

or a Don Hume 721OT:

The mag carrier is from Blackhawk & I use a leather belt from TheBeltMan or a 5-stitch Frequent Flyer nylon belt from Wilderness Tactical.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
mzmtg - Hk = beautiful gun! Do you always carry, what is it called, condition one? In case my terminology is incorrect, I mean cocked and locked. I tend to carry hammer down on the first round, safety off.

Uncle Mikes is turning out to be more popular than I thought for IWB. I thought I was the only one . . .

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
[quote="lsu_nonleg":x3iirvfu]You didn't ask me, but 1911 condition one; round in the pipe, hammer back, external thumb safety on.
Yeah, but that is a 1911. You don't have a choice. :lol: The Hk does. :wink:[/quote:x3iirvfu]

Yes, I carry it cocked and locked at all times.

I'm still planning on getting the V9 detent plate to get rid of the decocker function. That will let me ride the safety harder when shooting without worrying about accidentally decocking.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Have you tried using your trigger finger to drop the mag, and, if so, what are your thoughts on the subject?

The mag release has been my one sore spot on the Hk. That, and the fact that I frequently pinch my fingers when slamming in a new magazine, because my large hands overlap the bottom of the grip, where the magazine inserts. Ouch!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts