Holster Question

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RepeatDefender, Jul 26, 2007.

1. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I just made a trade with boardmember JP233. In that trade I acquired a Springfield GI Champion 1911 4".

I am looking for a nice IWB holster for it as I intend to carry it. I would like some opinions/observations on good 1911 4" barreled IWB holsters.

Never hurts to ask questions and don't want to make extra mistakes in the holster department. Doesn't have to be really cheap, but I don't need a $150 monster on my hip either...I can think of other ways to spend that much dough.

4" 1911 holster IWB.

Thanks!

2. kaizer

kaizer Guest

southern holsters

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

If your going to the GCO Luncheon one of the items up for auction is a Southern Holsters Memphis Model. You could get a great deal on a great holster!

Edit: Even if your not going we are taking "proxy bids" as well! :D Sorta hate to be saying this since I have intentions on bidding on this item myself...

4. dcunited

dcunited Member

been doing some research on that myself

I looked at Crossbreed holsters. Seem to be good and, by all accounts, comfortable.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I love my http://www.southernholsters.com 'Memphis' holster. I'm waiting on my 2nd from him. I highly reccomend buying from Tom. I fyou don't mind waiting a week, I'll bring my holster to the luncheon for you to see one.

6. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

If you're meeting us at Bulls Eye tomorrow, Would you mind bringing it? [-o<

7. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Milt Sparks Summer Special II, get them at Brownells for about $70.00, you won't regret it. I have been using them since 1997 and still use the same 1911 holster.

8. budder

You don't have any problems about it sliding?

9. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

The leather is rough out and if the loops fit your belt properly it won't slide.

10. budder

:roll: Well, I guess I have to join all those plebes in the waiting line.