Holster for CZ75B?

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Verbal101, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

My father wants a holster for his CZ 75 - he likes my Blackhawk Serpa retention holster, but I don't think Blackhawk makes one for the CZ.

I'd like to get him a holster for Christmas, but don't know where to start. A couple of questions:

1) Would a Beretta 92F holster fit the CZ? Question is for a molded holster like the Blackhawk Serpa. Obviously I would check the fit first in person, but if it's not feasible I'll skip this option.

2) Any other plastic/Kydex retention holsters that do fit the CZ?

Thanks.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Send a PM to Zookeper. He made me some great leather for my CZ SP01 Phantom.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You can also look on CZCustoms.com

4. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Yes, I mentioned that to him as an option. If he decides on leather, a custom job is in order.

Thanks

5. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Verbal101,

Of course, Zookeeper is my first recommendation. However, to answer your initial question... Yes, you can use the Beretta 92/96 Serpa holster with the CZ-75. For IPSC shooting with my CZ, and for general OC, I use this one:

http://www.amazon.com/BlackHawk-Product ... ting-goods

Holsters for a Beretta 92F will generally fit the CZ-75B. The shape of the frame, slide, and trigger guard are identical. However, the slide on the Beretta is longer than the slide on the CZ-75B, so on some holsters there will be a slight gap between the end of the muzzle and the bottom of the holster (on most holsters, including the Blackhawk one, people can't tell that by looking). There are a few holsters made for the compact version of the Beretta 92, which also works, but the slide is shorter on the compact, meaning the CZ-75B muzzle will stick out below the bottom of the holster.

I use a Crossbreed Supertuck as my CC holster for the CZ-75B, as they make one specifically for the CZ. If I hadn't bought that yet, I'd get Zookeeper to make one for me.

6. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

I'm with ookoshi, I really like my blackhawk serpa holster. Check http://www.midwayusa.com, it's where I ordered mine.

7. ForsythGlock

ForsythGlock Member

Can anyone recommend a mag holder for the CZ SP01? Thanks!

8. cbx9mm

cbx9mm New Member

Go with a Galco. They are leather, relatively inexpensive, great retention and they ship quick. I have had my CZ-75B in one for the last two years wearing it everyday

9. Khondker

Khondker Member

I carry (sometimes) my CZ 75 B in Blackhawk Serpa holster made for Ruger P89. It holds the the gun securely. But the gun moves a little in the holster and makes a little noise.

Most of the I use Fobus designed for CZ 75 B, Which does very good job.

10. ricka01

ricka01 New Member

11. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Thanks ookoshi and SGT_Calle for the info on Blackhawks - I did find a LH model on midway. That's what he really wants.

Thanks to all for the other recommendations. Eventually I'm looking to buy a CZ for myself & will need to find a holster for it (or try to get a slot on Zookeeper's schedule).

12. rashley

rashley New Member

I've been watching this thread as I, too, am looking for a better holster for my CZ75B.

I stopped at a shop this weekend and took at look at the Serpas, and was really suprised by how big they are and how far away from you they hold the gun. It might just be me (I'm new to kydex... have always used leather), but I don't see how you could decently conceal a full-sized gun with one of those.

13. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Who said anything about concealing?

I use the Serpa to OC. I conceal with my Crossbreed Supertuck.

14. rashley

rashley New Member

www.blackhawk.com

They have them in a section called "SERPA concealment".

15. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Yeah, I always thought they defined concealment as "it covers up the gun, sortof."

16. rashley

rashley New Member

:rotfl:

Sort of my point.