1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,329 Posts
When I saw this on CNN.com a few hours ago, the comments from readers were very critical of the "hollowpoints are controversial" comment. Many pointed out that they're the standard round for civilians and cops to carry.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
:roll:

"After being struck by gunfire ... she then made a left turn and drove for approximately a quarter mile before she crashed her car into a pole," the report said.
Obviously it wsa the pole that killed her. [/sarcasm]
What gauge pole was it? :p

·
Super Moderator
7,131 Posts
OMG!!! A hollow point bullet??

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
MesaCranker said:
Guess I should think twice about using those incendiary rounds I have laying around... :screwy:
I wouldnt go around advertising that you have heat seeking bullets if I were you.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
thankfully i dont shoot hollow points. i can see it now, female news anchor says "apparently regular bullets werent deadly enough for this crazed gunman, he was shooting what police said were wadcutters". male news anchor says "target ammo, nothing special. moving on along now to a competent reporter"........

·
Banned
1,639 Posts
It doesn't matter if the bullet is hollow point, FMJ, hardcast, wad cutters, semi-jacketed soft point, target, steel cased, corrosive, high velocity, subsonic, hunting round, military surplus, hand loaded, armor piercing, black talons, etc. The prosecution and media will find some way to demonize the shooter's decision in regards to the ammunition. In this case the shooter allegedly broke the law, but the same rules apply in self-defense shootings, civil suits after shootings, and even civil rights lawsuits where no shooting took place or was even threatened. Expect the media, prosecuters, and lawyers to make a big deal regarding the type of weapon used or owned by the defendant too. In my civil suit they have a list of every gun I owned at the time along with serial numbers.

It is an attempt to demonize the gun and ammo and attach that stigma to the defendant, or in my case plaintiff.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aberk said:
MesaCranker said:
Guess I should think twice about using those incendiary rounds I have laying around... :screwy:
I wouldnt go around advertising that you have heat seeking bullets if I were you.
:rotfl2: "heat seeking bullets" - that's priceless.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
"The gunman used 'full metal jacket' bullets, the same type that is used by the military. They are designed to have increased penetration and often pass completely through a human body, creating both entry and exit wounds."

:shattered:

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MrMorden said:
"The gunman used 'full metal jacket' bullets..."
"Which even had a movie named after it, glorifying the violence and destruction that these type of bullets bring..."

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
just imagine this......

if the gunman had used ball ammo, and the cops made the mistake of saying that they penetrate deeper than hollow points...... it would have went more like.....

"full metal jacket bullets are controversial because the slug is designed to not expand after it enters the body, causing deeper penetration through tissue than an expanding bullet"

news reporters.... anything to get ratings.......

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
RedDawnTheMusical said:
Aberk said:
MesaCranker said:

·
Registered
949 Posts
They said that so far only one round had been identified as possibly being a hollow point, who knows what other deadly rounds this killer was shooting. Perhaps a mixture of hollow points, incendiary, tracers, and armor piercing rounds. :lol:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Aberk said:
RedDawnTheMusical said:
Aberk said:
MesaCranker said:
baby skull seeking bullets

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Mr_Z said:
Maybe they should mention that hollow points are sometimes called "cop killers" (see, I just called them cop killers, so sometimes they are!)
Like when the media reports someone/something as being controversial? Because they themselves report it as a controversy?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
The gun probably also had that shoulder thingy that goes up!

The answer is simple, just ban these controversial "hollow-tip-nuclear-explosive-depleted uranium-grenade-penetrating-cancer causing" rounds and all this would have been avoided! :roll:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts