Hollywood publicist's killer used hollow-point bullet

Discussion in 'In the News' started by RedDawnTheMusical, Nov 26, 2010.

1. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

2. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

:roll:

Obviously it wsa the pole that killed her. [/sarcasm]

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

When I saw this on CNN.com a few hours ago, the comments from readers were very critical of the "hollowpoints are controversial" comment. Many pointed out that they're the standard round for civilians and cops to carry.

4. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

What gauge pole was it? :p

5. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

OMG!!! A hollow point bullet??

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

6. MesaCranker

MesaCranker Active Member

Guess I should think twice about using those incendiary rounds I have laying around... :screwy:

7. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

I wouldnt go around advertising that you have heat seeking bullets if I were you.

8. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

thankfully i dont shoot hollow points. i can see it now, female news anchor says "apparently regular bullets werent deadly enough for this crazed gunman, he was shooting what police said were wadcutters". male news anchor says "target ammo, nothing special. moving on along now to a competent reporter"........

9. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

It doesn't matter if the bullet is hollow point, FMJ, hardcast, wad cutters, semi-jacketed soft point, target, steel cased, corrosive, high velocity, subsonic, hunting round, military surplus, hand loaded, armor piercing, black talons, etc. The prosecution and media will find some way to demonize the shooter's decision in regards to the ammunition. In this case the shooter allegedly broke the law, but the same rules apply in self-defense shootings, civil suits after shootings, and even civil rights lawsuits where no shooting took place or was even threatened. Expect the media, prosecuters, and lawyers to make a big deal regarding the type of weapon used or owned by the defendant too. In my civil suit they have a list of every gun I owned at the time along with serial numbers.

It is an attempt to demonize the gun and ammo and attach that stigma to the defendant, or in my case plaintiff.

10. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

Maybe they should mention that hollow points are sometimes called "cop killers" (see, I just called them cop killers, so sometimes they are!) They should be banned.

11. RedDawnTheMusical

:rotfl2: "heat seeking bullets" - that's priceless.

12. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

"The gunman used 'full metal jacket' bullets, the same type that is used by the military. They are designed to have increased penetration and often pass completely through a human body, creating both entry and exit wounds."

:shattered:

13. RedDawnTheMusical

"Which even had a movie named after it, glorifying the violence and destruction that these type of bullets bring..."

14. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

just imagine this......

if the gunman had used ball ammo, and the cops made the mistake of saying that they penetrate deeper than hollow points...... it would have went more like.....

"full metal jacket bullets are controversial because the slug is designed to not expand after it enters the body, causing deeper penetration through tissue than an expanding bullet"

news reporters.... anything to get ratings.......

15. Aberk

Aberk Custom User Title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ

16. AV8R

AV8R Banned

No, it's the idiot morons who believe everything they see/hear on the news. Gotta have viewers to get ratings.

17. 175FO

175FO Member

They said that so far only one round had been identified as possibly being a hollow point, who knows what other deadly rounds this killer was shooting. Perhaps a mixture of hollow points, incendiary, tracers, and armor piercing rounds. :lol:

18. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

baby skull seeking bullets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osgrd1MPb7I

19. spector

spector New Member

Like when the media reports someone/something as being controversial? Because they themselves report it as a controversy?

20. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

The gun probably also had that shoulder thingy that goes up!

The answer is simple, just ban these controversial "hollow-tip-nuclear-explosive-depleted uranium-grenade-penetrating-cancer causing" rounds and all this would have been avoided! :roll: